Graphic Cards Need a GPU

prathik23

Recruit
hey everyone ive been following TE for many years now and have finally decided to join.
I got a new rig which took me couple of months
27 inch 1080p lcd
i5 3450
4X2 ddr3 ram
850tx V2 PSU
onboard graphics
gigabyte b75m motherboard.

i have decided to buy a card .please suggest best card for 1080p gaming which would last me few years atleast. i want to be able to play games with full settings.
i have decided on
http://www.primeabgb.com/xfx-radeon-r9-280x-r9-280x-tdfd-3gb-ddr5-graphic-card.html

or

http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-am...=290&ref=2e574b9f-8b85-4e2d-88ac-7faf9682dc08

looking forward to your suggestions..
Budget 35k(onlly if it is worth the dough else would like to save)

IMO Asus r9 280x directcu ii TOP will suffice for 1080p and rest you can save. Down the road you can overclock for better performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw R9 280x running assassin creed black flag in youtube. hardly ~33 fps he could achieve.
BTW AC is optimised for nvidia and many games too.
Can anyone explain why AMD performs poor here
Source:

280x may not cut for next gen games, go for 290 which is within your budget anyway. worth every penny considering its market rate. you will not be disappointed.

Might i suggest looking into the Nvidia GTX 770 as well? I used to use only AMD Cards, and although they are value for money, they tend to have more power draw and noise in comparison. Plus, i love the Nvidia software in comparison, along with the ability to use PhysX and other tech in the future like G-Sync. I believe the 770 usually edges out the R9280x in most games by a few fps, but yes it will cost you some more. In the end though, i feel you get what you pay for :), Nothing wrong with the 280x either, its a great VFM card, but its essentially an 7970 which was launched about 2 years ago now. It will handle most games at high or max settings on 1080p, but i wouldn't call it futureproof for another few years at all. Down the road, you could always get a second card for cheap and run SLI or Crossfire, and in this case as well in my opinion SLI is the better solution.

Back