i am planning to buy the mobile this Month end and need a help in this

My budget is 15k - 20 k
My requirement is

Camera - 5 MP- 8MP with Autofocus
Size - 480 x 800 pixels with large screen
OS - Android.
Good Music Capabilities and performance in CPU aswell
Gaming – usage is very less
Social Networks - Need Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Facebook, Twitter,Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)

Thanks in Advance

I see a hell lot of thread asking for "please suggest an ANdro device for 10-15k, 15-20k" et al. ALso have seen and deduced that the Samy GS (GT I9k) is really a great device. I would have certainly brought it, but for the GPS issues (as i use that feature extensuively)

So fellow SGS users, is the GPS thingy still crappy? doesnt it lock? honest replies from existing as well as recent buyers will be very much appreciated.

Abhishek.

I don't use MAPS often. In the 1yr, i have used MAPS for around 20 times. All the time I used wireless networks only. Rarely (like 5 times) I tried the actual GPS instead of wireless networks. None of the time it worked except for one time.
So, to sum up, I've seen GPS in action on my mobile ONLY ONCE. And it was cool pinpointing the exact location. But it's a no go after that. It was months back.

mail2abhi81 said:
I see a hell lot of thread asking for "please suggest an ANdro device for 10-15k, 15-20k" et al. ALso have seen and deduced that the Samy GS (GT I9k) is really a great device. I would have certainly brought it, but for the GPS issues (as i use that feature extensuively)

So fellow SGS users, is the GPS thingy still crappy? doesnt it lock? honest replies from existing as well as recent buyers will be very much appreciated.
Abhishek.

i have planned to Kick it off with Nexus s But unfortunately when i am surfing have found the issues in Nexus s

found many issues with Display Screen in Google Nexus S and When u update the OS from 2.2 to 2.3

so Guys what u say about this.

u want me to Kick it off or any suggestions to other

Await your suggestions

The Nexus S comes shipped with 2.3 only. I think you are mentioning the problem some handsets had when updating from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3. I bought the indian version last month for my cousin and never had this problem. Right now the nexus S is being shipped with 2.3.4 already. The issue you mentioned is with updating to 2.3.3.

Here is the problem explained by a google employee about the display problem in 2.3.3:

"With your new OTA complete, you may notice a slight difference in the way colors are displayed on your Nexus S. For Nexus S, we have adjusted the color temperature settings to more accurately reflect darker colors at all brightness levels. The Gingerbread UI being darker, we found that the colors were not as accurate when the device was being used at lower brightness levels. For example, some users reported that the initial color temperature was too high leading to some darker greys having a reddish tone; with the new color temperature this is no longer the case"

You chose the right model to kick it off :)

its just a s/w issue and its aleady fixed. you most probably will be using CM7 not vanilla
seenuguddu said:
i have planned to Kick it off with Nexus s But unfortunately when i am surfing have found the issues in Nexus s

found many issues with Display Screen in Google Nexus S and When u update the OS from 2.2 to 2.3

so Guys what u say about this.

u want me to Kick it off or any suggestions to other

Await your suggestions

Back