Need a laptop with good battery life, and also occasional gaming

lilboy

Adept
guys i need a laptop that has got battery life so ultra low voltage processor from intel might be enough
at the same time i need gaming power for gaming once in a while so optimus technology from nvidia would be good with decent gfx for gaming in atleast in low res for the top end games today.

also i need all the connectivity options, optical output will also be good. i need a light weight laptop to carry around. screen size <14

Re: battery life also occational gaming

i wont need gfx as powerful as m11x any other option at lower rate with screen anti glare.also new i5 or any those series with excellent battery life would be nice

Re: battery life also occational gaming

lilboy said:
h_e_l_p.................
I too had similar requirments !!! did lots of research and ended between three models a alienware M11x, Apple macbook or and Asus Bamboo ujc43.

All three have their own pluses and minuses. And also involves cost measurement.
The macbook is the safest bet of all and reliable too.The downside was the prev gen c2d processors and adjusting to a new OS. Which was a bit of a NO NO for me as i use a lot of windows based applications. I am aware they have Parallel Windows and all still. Yet you could get one out of ebay at 54k.

the ASUS was a also a pretty good note book with a i5 processor and a decent gfx and good enough battery. it retails around $999 on AMAZON with a $150 free gift card.SO it would work out on a cost effective way.Though you will have to end up paying a maximum of 20% duty and VAT. and around $50 for shipping.Still could be a bargain.
Or you can get one with the i3 processor here on india ,while the company claims a mrp of 61,999 effective market price is around 56,500(which i enquired through a distributor).

Or You could get yourself a Sexy ALIENWARE with all you will want with the bling factor and the only downsize being the size of screen 11.6inch (which wasnt much of a issue to me, i m pretty much comfortable with a 10inch ).

i recently bought a M11x with i5 ,250gb,4G ram through DELL USA from their refurb store , a previously ordered new model at $750 using a 20% off coupon(got it from logicbuy) and upgraded to a 2 year complete care (including accidental coverage, DELL Has international warranty) and it came around $950. Still quite a steal.
I didnt have anyone to pick it up for me, so i sent to a mail forwarding company Shop online in the U.S from where you live | comGateway (which btw is a tax free state so u automatically save around $100 there)
and their shipping charges are quite competitve too.
SO effectively my spending on this laptop will be around 58-60k(inculding customs and tax) which is a steal considering the prev gen model retails for around 72k here.
As i type this my order is on the way and should come here within this week. So cant comment more till i get it.
Just thought would share the info.

P.S: Dell online booking system suck at times and its better you call them through their toll free number and place the order. they will do a card fraud check either through phone or mail.
You can skype or anyother voip service to call them toll free. Calls from our mobiles are not toll free..

Hope this was helpful. Cheers!! good luck on deciding. Will update on what customs duty i ended up paying once i get them.

Back