Budget 51-70k Need a laptop with similar performance as M2 (Macbook)

tartarus

Patron
I want a laptop for professional work, word powerpoint, excel and some Adobe after effects

Budget-50Kish if possible (Can stretch a bit)

And i have set M2 silicon as benchmark, from performance perspective not battery usage, beacause its known apple silicon are undefeated in terms of battery backup

If you're planning to buying a new one then Asus Vivobook 16x (2023) model should surf your purpose as it comes with i5 12th gen processor 12450h (not equivalent to M2 but you will see 10-20% performance difference I think) 2050 4GB which is good for adobe after effects and in free time you can play games on it it will fit in your budget too.

Am specifically looking for something that matches M2 and can last 5-6 years without performance bottlenecks
If you're planning to buying a new one then Asus Vivobook 16x (2023) model should surf your purpose as it comes with i5 12th gen processor 12450h (not equivalent to M2 but you will see 10-20% performance difference I think) 2050 4GB which is good for adobe after effects and in free time you can play games on it it will fit in your budget too.

Am specifically looking for something that matches M2 and can last 5-6 years without performance bottlenecks
Just curious, have you also done some research and found any laptops that match your criteria or close to it? Afaik there's a reason why people would recommend getting a macbook since there aren't that many laptops that match it in terms of performance, portability and battery life.
There's laptops that outperform the M2 macbook without a doubt but they don't come for 50k ish budget. So either increase your budget or lower your expectations

Just curious, have you also done some research and found any laptops that match your criteria or close to it? Afaik there's a reason why people would recommend getting a macbook since there aren't that many laptops that match it in terms of performance, portability and battery life.
There's laptops that outperform the M2 macbook without a doubt but they don't come for 50k ish budget. So either increase your budget or lower your expectations
I agree to your point

I did some research and did find some around 70K ish

I dont care about portability or backup tbh, am just concerned with performance of the device and even if its 10% lesser than M2 it should work

i Own a Macbook air and initially it was fun but the eco system is too closed system for me, thats a discussion for another day though

i3 13500H or i7 1360P or higher
or
Ryzen 5 7640U or higher

M2 is quite average in the ranking, I just realized.
thanks for this will check and find laptop coming with any of them

Back