Need a LED size <60" , suggest

coolraghav

Skilled
Im looking for new LED size anything starting from 60" which is locally available like with warranty. or if i go for grey market then its easily repairable.

Not looking forward for a plasma.

Thankss

in general will the price of lcd/led drop further by end of this year or now it is stable and not much decrease will be seen?

edit:sorry wrong post meant to post in other thread

I think question is OT, but prices might like always cool down during diwali or jump-in with some offers. But I don't intend to wait for that.

^+1 VT series is best in plasma by panasonic but depends on availability,but by end of month hopefully will be available all over india

For that size plasma are significantly cheaper.

But since you want a lcd currently in asia markets where grey dealers source them from you can only find the Sony 60NX720 that costs more then 2lakh.

Soon to be launched models are 65HX92 series and lg 72LZ9700

The HX92 series and LG 9700(going by last years LG 9 series) are more then a match to VT plasma.The OP also said no plasmas.

There is also the upcoming Kuro lcd available in 60" and 70" size.

adder said:
The HX92 series and LG 9700(going by last years LG 9 series) are more then a match to VT plasma.

I got LOADS of reviews that say otherwise.

Panasonic TC-P55VT30 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

"The bottom line: Superb all-around picture quality, anchored by the deepest plasma black levels of the year, make the Panasonic TC-PVT30 series the best-performing TV we've tested in 2011."

Panasonic VT30 review - FlatpanelsHD

"Even though it is not a major leap forward in picture quality I am sure it will be one of the best TVs of 2011 in this price range – if not the best. And that is why I have no doubt that it deserves our Top Recommendation Award."

Panasonic TX-P42VT30B/ TX-P42VT30 (VT30) Review

"If you’re an enthusiast user who won’t be put off by the slight brightness shifting we noticed with dark films, and feel that the level of control the VT30 affords over the image is worth the extra money, then we certainly advise that you check the TX-P42VT30B out. Quirks included, it’s still one of the top performers, and we imagine it will be for some time to come."

I could post more, but I think u get the idea right?

Anyway, I know the OP mention that he is not looking for a plasma, but I feel he should re-consider the fact. Since not only r they cheaper, but they DO provide THE best PQ out there.

Anyway, I know the OP mention that he is not looking for a plasma, but I feel he should re-consider the fact. Since not only r they cheaper, but they DO provide THE best PQ out there.

I too would suggest Plasma any day....but as the OP doesnt want that...

my suggestion is the Sansung 8000 Series if you can afford them...else the Plasma is the recommendation.

OP: Why an LED over plasma? Elec consumption, reflectivity, heat? Whats putting you away from them when they have clearly superior PQ as well as the least Input lag, Infinite Blacks...??

somu said:
I got LOADS of reviews that say otherwise.

Panasonic TC-P55VT30 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
"The bottom line: Superb all-around picture quality, anchored by the deepest plasma black levels of the year, make the Panasonic TC-PVT30 series the best-performing TV we've tested in 2011."

Panasonic VT30 review - FlatpanelsHD
"Even though it is not a major leap forward in picture quality I am sure it will be one of the best TVs of 2011 in this price range – if not the best. And that is why I have no doubt that it deserves our Top Recommendation Award."

Panasonic TX-P42VT30B/ TX-P42VT30 (VT30) Review
"If you’re an enthusiast user who won’t be put off by the slight brightness shifting we noticed with dark films, and feel that the level of control the VT30 affords over the image is worth the extra money, then we certainly advise that you check the TX-P42VT30B out. Quirks included, it’s still one of the top performers, and we imagine it will be for some time to come."

I could post more, but I think u get the idea right?

Given that OP said no plasma ,i gave him the options in lcd.

Show me one review where they said these lcd tvs are not good.Apart from shared criticism of the price.If you check out AVS forum many kuro owners have bought the HX92x .

Both the plasma and lcd still have their native drawbacks,its whether those drawbacks are a deal breaker to the person buying it.

Cnet says the HX92 has one of the best television they have reviewed.
"It boasts that excellent contrast by way of inky black levels not found on any TV aside from the oft-cited Pioneer Kuro plasma, and improves upon the color accuracy of its predecessor XBR. In short, it represents the pinnacle of LCD picture quality, so if you're shopping in the extreme upper end of the TV market and were only going to consider plasma, the XBR-HX929 might change your mind."

Chad B when directly asked HX92 vs VT30
"I can say this from my experience with the 65VT30
If I could be assured that my viewing seat was on axis and I was about 9-10 feet away, I'd easily choose the HX929. Wouldn't even be close.
Now, if the Panny FW issues get resolved, it'd be a closer contest"

When asked about depth and Pop between the HX929 amd VT30
Chad :"I think both depth and pop are better on the HX929."

In another post he said " the HX929 is right up there with the Elite Kuro

Full HD gr also says its a fine tv.
There is always some kind of bias in reviews for any given product.So that why its best to check the tv your self for your requirement.

Thanks guys for solving queries (adder as always, special thx to you)

plasma is no-go in my home now..Ive bought two samsung plasmas before and both got some or the other issue. have spent 10-15K on getting them fixed. Whereas LCD/LED''s are working fine...I know I know expensive plasmas might be better etc But I dont know these LEDS provide really trouble free environment.

As I'm not able to find 60" LED TVs in official market and I really dont wanna spend that type amount on grey market because of no after-sale service/warranty. I can wait for about 1.5-2months to buy this LED if any launching above 60"" coz room still under renovation and will take time.

Was looking @ LG 55LW5700 ..looks good to me ? 3D shutter-free...any new models coming up in LEDs... in cos like samsung/sony/lg

There is not going to be large size lcd from sony/samsung they both are already facing shortage of 60" size panels,from a company point of view they will mostly launch these in developed countries,since in our country it will most likely just gather dust in warehouse.Even if its launched it will cost more then 3lakh.

If 3d is criteria you should look at lg,unless you opt for the expensive models of sony HX series or samsung D7000/8000.

Back