My PC specs :
  • Intel Q6600
  • Intel DG33FB (On-board GPU)
  • 2x1gb DDR2 dynex(?) RAM sticks
  • 500 gb samsung hdd
  • 250 seagate hdd.
Confirmed working :
  • 500gb hdd (almost dead)

My 6 year old iball PSU stopped working and took the motherboard with it. I am not sure if the processor is working, but my local dealer says that he's 99.9% sure that it should be working , Is that true ?

Also, Looking for a cheap motherboard(ATX) for the processor, The dealer says only G33 motherboards are compatible with the CPU and they are no longer manufactured. I read threads where people have used other motherboards(G41?) with this CPU. Do I have any alternative ? Any online store link would be greatly appreciated.

PS: This machine will just be used as a download/backup rig, so no need to upgrade the CPU yet.

My 6 year old iball PSU stopped working and took the motherboard with it. I am not sure if the processor is working, but my local dealer says that he's 99.9% sure that it should be working , Is that true ?
Not sure about that. Current CPU's hardly die unless you overclock. Since your PSU malfunctioned, you should test the CPU in another motherboard just to be sure.

For Q6600, you need to find a motherboard that supports the LGA 775 socket
This one will work: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/gigabyte-gag41mcombo-motherboard/186246

Back