CPU/Mobo Need a motherboard repairing company for a NAS

pguy

Disciple
Hi, I have a couple of Synology NAS systems - both of them which require motherboard level repairs. I am in Mumbai and have been unable to find a company that is trustworthy and has the patience to do unique repairs.

Do you guys know any company or person that might be a good fit for trying to get these two boxes into working condition?

Why won't Synology themselves help you out? even for out of warranty - can't they assist?
They refused to. First question was where was this purchased. Then they mentioned that they may nor may not be able to repair - they also sort of depend on spare parts and some of these machines are end of life. So they won't 'repair' anything - mostly they will try to replace and that too at an obnoxious price

They refused to. First question was where was this purchased. Then they mentioned that they may nor may not be able to repair - they also sort of depend on spare parts and some of these machines are end of life. So they won't 'repair' anything - mostly they will try to replace and that too at an obnoxious price

There were not purchased in India? It's sad that these brands behave the way they do. Replace if out of warranty (which is barely a year these days for most) is not something very affordable for retail customers.

I think this is again why customer protection laws and liability provisions must be improved in India. If everyone wants access to one of the largest marketplaces in the world, it's high time the govt stops pandering to the interests of companies and actually focus on the protection of customer interests.

There were not purchased in India? It's sad that these brands behave the way they do. Replace if out of warranty (which is barely a year these days for most) is not something very affordable for retail customers.

I think this is again why customer protection laws and liability provisions must be improved in India. If everyone wants access to one of the largest marketplaces in the world, it's high time the govt stops pandering to the interests of companies and actually focus on the protection of customer interests.
Yes, I had bought both of them from the US. I hope things get better. But with the 1815+, Synology actually f****d their customers. The 1815 had an Intel Atom issue with meant all of those machines were 100% going to fail. Now couple that with no support, I am effectively sitting on a brick.

Yes, I had bought both of them from the US. I hope things get better. But with the 1815+, Synology actually f****d their customers. The 1815 had an Intel Atom issue with meant all of those machines were 100% going to fail. Now couple that with no support, I am effectively sitting on a brick.
Damn. was there no class action or a replacement call in the US if this was discovered?

Feel for you man. Guys who actually repair mobos etc are rare these days in the electronics market. You'll have to literally hunt guys down who have a hardcore understanding of IC's and are probably proper electronics guys. In Mumbai it may not be impossible, but difficult for sure.

if you're around Andheri/Borivali, check for Vidhi Computer's at Borivali East near Railway station. They run training institute and also offer repair services.

Google it for their phone number and you can call them to confirm

Damn. was there no class action or a replacement call in the US if this was discovered?

Feel for you man. Guys who actually repair mobos etc are rare these days in the electronics market. You'll have to literally hunt guys down who have a hardcore understanding of IC's and are probably proper electronics guys. In Mumbai it may not be impossible, but difficult for sure.
So, in the US, they did replace. So I would have had to send it to the US and then received a replacement in the US and then gotten it shipped back. I mean, the shipping and potential second round of customs would have done me in.

So, yes, I do need those proper IC/Electronic type guys who aren't willing to get their hand dirty and also willing to experiment. That's why I don't want to walk around Lamington and figure this out
if you're around Andheri/Borivali, check for Vidhi Computer's at Borivali East near Railway station. They run training institute and also offer repair services.

Google it for their phone number and you can call them to confirm
Thanks bro, messaged them

Back