Need a netbook this week, urgent!!

ajo_alex

Disciple
Hi all,

I need one by this week so i have zeroed on Dell Mini 10, do let me know if there is any better ones..

All i want is good battery life, a good after sales(like that Complete Cover thingy Dell has for 500Rs extra).

I need just 1GB(2GB if I get in the below said price range) RAM and 160-250GB HDD...

And the main thing is that i want to connect it to an external monitor(if only VGA port, still fine)

Use: browsing, very very casual gaming(no high end casual gaming), maybe to play LAN games also that too simple ones, watching movies(no HD, just a good ol' dvd print) and some light photoshopping..

I am thinking of gettng the base model of the netbook that i am going to purchase cos i will be buying an external HDD so i just need 160-250GB..

Budget: 15-16k, stretched 17-18k max

I saw one in futurebazaar, samsung n150 for 15k with 500GB HDD but I don't wanna take the risk of buying something online(who knows when i will get it and all that hazzles, thats why)..

Yup for now all I have in mind is Dell Mini 1012 basic edition for 16k..

Thanks in advance

i first thought of getting a 1012, but not shops have only 1018.. any suggestions?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ok so now its Lenovo S10-3 vs Dell Mini 1018

Had bought HP 210-1084 TU @ 14.5k for my parents couple of months back. They are satisfied with it since they only use it for video chat and some word processing.

I also have been on the look out for a 12" netbook. Have seen most of the 10" available in Bangalore and Samsung N150 seemed to be the best (keyboard and battery wise) among all the options.

nehaladsul said:
Congrats on the purchase mate.

Do let us know of ur impressions about the netbook.

:D
so far so good.. installed ubuntu 10.10 nbr and its awesome.. battery i get abt 6-7 hrs... dual booting with win 7 n ubuntu.. nbr ftw\m/

didn't get time to check more

Back