PC Peripherals Need a new ambidextrous gaming mouse

Hello folks :).

I need a new gaming mouse. Now my idea of a gaming mouse is anything that doesn't skip :p.
So it can be cheap mice too as long as they do not skip and are ambidextrous (or made for left-handed people like some Razer mice are).

Everyone I asked recommended the Razer DA left-handed edition.
But I also did some digging around of my own and came across 2 other mice that are much cheaper than the DA and are looking equally enticing.

Razer Abyssus Mirror Mouse Mouse: Razer Mouse: Price India: Flipkart mice

Steel Series Siberia KINZU Optical Mouse Black Mouse: Steel Series Mouse: Price India: Flipkart mice
As you can see both are better priced than the DA and are ambidextrous.
But does anyone know if they skip when moved too fast?

Also are there any other mice that fit my criteria and cost around 2k?
- Ambidextrous or made for left-handed users
- Do not skip
Right now I am using the MS 1.1 and it's practically dead. Best mouse I ever used but out of production :(.

Re: Need a new gaming mouse

^^ The Razer Abyssuss out of these two in my view and I've used it as well but only @1800 dpi so can vouch it is a good mouse.Razer Abyssus Review - Page 1/5 | techPowerUp / TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!RAZER ABYSSUS Black 3 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical 3500 dpi High Precision Gaming Mouse. Also try to look up the Gigabyte M6800 -- Gigabyte GM-M6800 mouse modding - HEXUS.community discussion forums / TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!GIGABYTE GM-M6800 Noble Black 5+1 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical 1600 dpi Dual Lens Gaming Mouse - TheITWares.

Otherwise the stalwart Logitech MX-518 is still battling it out, no personal usage by me but most people who have used it are all praises. -- Logitech MX518 Review - Page 1/5 | techPowerUp / TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Logitech MX518 8 Buttons USB Wired Optical 1800 dpi Gaming Mouse - TheITWares

This is what I dug up on the Steel Series Kinzu -- SteelSeries Kinzu Optical Gaming Mouse Review - Page 1/4 | techPowerUp.

Also chek out the Razer Salmosa if you are looking for something basic and non-flashy, have been using it for the past year and a half and apart from loud clicks a brilliant piece of equipment -- Razer Salmosa Review - Page 1/5 | techPowerUp.
Hope this helps.

Re: Need a new gaming mouse

^^ Razer Death Adder OP will need to specify right-handed OR left-handed.

saumilsingh said:
I think I'll just get the Abyssus.

The Salmosa isn't made anymore right?
Yeah but beware the Razer Abyssuss comes with same 3-button configuration as a standard mouse (even Slamosa).

True Salmosa isn't produced any more.

^ Great price but it's a little too great and hence has made me suspicious :p.
Thanks for the link but I'd prefer just getting a fresh piece just for the peace of mind.

And I don't mind simple 3 button configurations, I actually prefer classic designs.
The most important thing is that the mouse shouldn't skip. So I'll just ask again, the Abyssus doesn't right?

Yes the Razer Salmosa / Abyssuss are your only options then, but be warned to change their sensitivity and polling rates you'll have to use a set of physical switches at the base of the mouse, unlike other mice where you can do so on the fly by configuring the extra buttons to do so (e.g. -- Razer Death Adder, Logitch MX-518). This can be a deal-breaker if you're in the midst of a fast paced frag-fest.

Apart from this slight niggle both mice are very good.

Oh and while we are at it, can I convince you into getting a decent mouse-mat for this mouse as it really adds to the over-all experience, the Rantopad H1 / H3 are good offerings available at great prices from IT Wares OR get the SteelSeries Qck Heavy.

http://www.theitwares.com/rantopad-ares-gaming-mouse-p-735.html

http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/560/21-Way-Mousepad-Roundup/12#axzz1RiOrF6Hy -- 21 mouse mat roundup.

Well, right now I am using a cloth pad that came with my Logitech First Mouse bought in 1991. It's still serving me well, showing no signs of wear and tear astonishingly.

@saumilsingh the seller is genuine :), u can ask for ebay deal if ur suspicious .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Yeah the abyssus wont skip , if it does even death adder will at the same sensi.

Back