Audio Need a new Headphone (upgrade from Roccat Kave 5.1)

devesh38

Adept
I had been using Roccat kave 5.1 headphones for past 2-2.5 years and they were just great. I loved them. Although a little more bass would have been better. But they seemed perfect to me. I had used them pretty roughly and finally the right side of the speakers conked of yesterday.

So now i am in a need of new headphones equivalent or better than Roccat Kave. Please suggest me some good headphones.

Requirements :
1. As i game a lot so mic is preferred.
2. Movies definitely
3. Decent sound for music (mostly bollywood songs only)
4. Will be used with pc only.
5. Budget 5-7k.

I have read very good reviews for Audio Technica AD700. how good is it.? Although i dont see any mic with it.:(

@devesh38

Would you like to stay with 5.1 headset or you would like to go stereo side . Do you want it for multiplayer games where footstep , actual soundstage is really important or just for gaming .

If you want to stay with 5.1 headset you cannot go wrong with a Cooler Master Sirus , its really good for gaming , movies and in stereo mode does pretty well for music as well . I would say the best headsets under 7.5k budget for gaming, movies and music altogether with mic .
If its more of multiplayer gaming i would suggest you to go for the Sibera V2, many of my friends use for CS 1.6 and swear by it .

Speaking about AD700 , its the best all round headphone i have used till today ..... does xtremely well in music side , for CS 1.6 i find it better than my Cooler Master Sirus ., soundstage is in abundance , what i did was b uy a Zalman clipable mic and clip it on to the cable of AD700 .
Both sirus and ad700 perform well with Bollywood songs , but however if you like songs sung by Shreya Goshal etc with their sweet voice i think AD700 does more justice to them then Cooler Master sirus ( but again Sirus is towards gaming and AD700 made for music).

If isolation is important for you dont go for AD700 plus it leaks a lot of sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for the awesome reply.

Which one are u suggesting. Cooler master SGH-4000 or SGH-6000. Will read more about these headphones today.

Yes AD700 is open can type and will leak a lot of sound. It will be pretty disturbing for people around me. Plus the mic will cost more. But by the reviews of it and the way u mentioned ad700 it looks a better choice for me.

I mean my gaming has reduced a bit in last 2 years. Have bf3 extensively in last 2 years with many other single player games. Now its more of movies and tv serials. i.e. 50% movies and TV serials, 20% music and 30% gaming.

Yes based on my personal preference i would suggest the AD700 .
Out of the two (Sirus and Sirus S) its totally a personal choice . What i find the reason for releasing a S version of the same is to make it more friendly to people carrying around the headset for lan parties etc , the Pod in the CM Sirus is pretty bulky and can be a hindrance to quiet a few . But for me its one of the glamor adding factor to the headphones and its very easy to change channel wise volume as well using the Control Pod ( Tactical console is what they call it :) ) .
Soundwise i assume both are exact copies of each other and you will save a a few bucks as well buying the CM Sirus S edition .

Back