roxysmile

Tough Luck :P
Disciple
I need a PC for 30K budget without monitor

As for now i have thought about this configuration --->

Processor - AMD PII 550BE(hopefully a good batch) - Rs 5450
Mobo - biostar TA790GXBE - Rs 4550
HDD - Seagate WDC 500 GB - Rs 2600
Ram - Corsair XMS2 2*1GB 800Mhz - Rs 2360 [unable to find OCZ titanium 800 mhz. is it better ?]
GPU - Palit GTX 260 SP216 sonic with hdmi - 10.5K
Cabinet - CM elite 330 or Zebby Red antibiotic or suggest something else
PSU - gigabyte superb 460 or CM 460 extreme power or Zebby pro 550
Optical Drive - 22x samsung dvd writer or 24x lite on dvd writer.

i have a 32 inch LCD which will be used as monitor.

Is the above config gud enough ? i am really confused with PSU and Cabinet.... Please suggest me something

i am a lil out of budget due to already purchase of 32 inch lcd and sony hts.

can;t gigabyte superb 460 or CM extreme 460 sustain my requirements?
( i won't be upgrading the config for atleast a year and on upgrading , i will buy new psu so upgrade is not a problem )

also which RAM is better ? - OCZ titanium 800mhz or corsair xms2 800mhz ?
as for cabinet , does CM 330 elite has enough spacing for running a card like gtx 260 cool ?( i won't be overclocking but will give a shot to 550 unlocking)

Y don't u go for an ATi card, HD4770 to be precise, good for mid-lvl gaming and is cheap and it together with an AMD system together form the Dragon platform, provided u can get to unlock ur 550's cores. Check the Dragon's info at AMD's site.

W8 till end of month, RAM prices should fall. Should come to around Rs1600 for 2GB.

Have a look at the zeby CUBE and do not buy that GTX260 please...

roxysmile said:
can;t gigabyte superb 460 or CM extreme 460 sustain my requirements? ( i won't be upgrading the config for atleast a year and on upgrading , i will buy new psu so upgrade is not a problem )

Stay away from the CM Extreme PSU's. :no:

Why not economize a tad bit on the GPU department and opt for a HD Sapphire 4770 w/ Arctic Cooling fan and use the remaining saved money on buying a better PSU like the Corsair VX450?

roxysmile said:
I need a PC for 30K budget without monitor

As for now i have thought about this configuration --->

Processor - AMD PII 550BE(hopefully a good batch) - Rs 5450
Mobo - biostar TA790GXBE - Rs 4550
HDD - Seagate WDC 500 GB - Rs 2600
Ram - Corsair XMS2 2*1GB 800Mhz - Rs 2360 [unable to find OCZ titanium 800 mhz. is it better ?]
GPU - Palit GTX 260 SP216 sonic with hdmi - 10.5K
Cabinet - CM elite 330 or Zebby Red antibiotic or suggest something else
PSU - gigabyte superb 460 or CM 460 extreme power or Zebby pro 550
Optical Drive - 22x samsung dvd writer or 24x lite on dvd writer.

i have a 32 inch LCD which will be used as monitor.

Is the above config gud enough ? i am really confused with PSU and Cabinet.... Please suggest me something

ur GPU + PSU = Fry fry....

Get a lower GPU or invest in higher end PSU like Corsair VX450W...

how is zebby 550 pro ? dual rail 12v 20A each... feels gud enough

and as to member-dominator its running his HD4870 just fine .

@rajan1311

do not buy that GTX260 please...

why not ? i thought this is a great card... guru3d made this as its top pick , so did many other... dual fan cooling , low price , pre-overclocked . Dont see anything bad about it.

@naveen58 -

none of the online stores u gave have OCZ titanium rams , any expected price for 800mhz ddr2 one ?

From all above posts -

1. staying away from CM extreme psu.

2. CM 330 with transparent cabinet selected (would add front and rear fans 120mm).

3. Still confused in ram due to low availability of ocz titanium .

4. New confusion arises - gtx 260 sonic or HD 4770 ....

right now , last case scenario - getting a vx450 by somehow extending the budget.

GTX 260 is more powerful than 4770.

even i've got 1,see my siggy.

it depends on how much you want to spend on GPU both of them are VFM in their respective fields.

yup , thats why i am choosing gtx260. and as dominator could run his 4870 with zebby pro 550 , certainly it can run gtx 260

^yeah i will go for the same gpu as urs...

does anyone know a gud shop in kolkata (with prices atleast nearby to the online shops) ?

i live in bhubaneshwar so getting hardware is very difficult here . have to travel to kolkata and bring the system i guess .

final Configuration -

proccy - amd PII 550BE

M/B - biostar TA790GXBE

Ram - corsair xms2 - 2*1 GB or ocz titanium if available

HDD - seagate WDC 500 GB

Optical drive - Sony DVD writer

cabinet - CM elite 330 with transperant side panel

PSU - Zebronics pro 550.

GPU - none , will wait for some time for 5000 series or lowering in price of 4870 and 4890 .

thanks all for helping me out with the configuration .

just need a lil more help in finding a gud shop for buying the above .

Unless you’re going to try unlocking the cores or overclocking, I’d suggest going for the Athlon II X4 620/630. And going for anything other than Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB HDD is not very intelligent these days. Get a single 2GB RAM stick so that you don’t exhaust your slots for future upgrades. Get the ATI Radeon HD4870 GPU which is DX10.1 much closer to the latest DX11 and comes with GDDR5 memory which is way better than GDDR3 that comes on nVidia cards. If you’re strained for budget then go for the HD4770 which is also a great mid-range card that employs 40nm fab process consuming far less power and dissipating less heat. I’d suggest getting the CM elite 335 with the PSU. The PSU that comes with this case is a 400W one and is unique due to the fact that it comes with a rating of 20A on the 12V rail and PCI-E connector. The retail PSUs are the 390W and the 460W. These don’t come with the 20A rating. It also works out cheaper if you get the combo. If you can afford it, go for the Corsair VX450.

roxysmile said:
^yeah i will go for the same gpu as urs...

does anyone know a gud shop in kolkata (with prices atleast nearby to the online shops) ?

i live in bhubaneshwar so getting hardware is very difficult here . have to travel to kolkata and bring the system i guess .

final Configuration -
proccy - amd PII 550BE
M/B - biostar TA790GXBE
Ram - corsair xms2 - 2*1 GB or ocz titanium if available
HDD - seagate WDC 500 GB
Optical drive - Sony DVD writer
cabinet - CM elite 330 with transperant side panel
PSU - Zebronics pro 550.
GPU - none , will wait for some time for 5000 series or lowering in price of 4870 and 4890 .

thanks all for helping me out with the configuration .
just need a lil more help in finding a gud shop for buying the above .

a Palit GTX 260 216SP Sonic costs 10.5k including taxes at primeabgb.
if you are getting the price of more than 11k then get it from prime they'll ship it to you.as the shipping cost will not be more than 300 bucks.

Back