Need a phone in under 25K.

aman.pitbull

Skilled
I'm looking for a phone in a range of 22-25K. Its for my father who'll be using it mainly for :

1. Reading emails

2. Messaging

3. Browsing

4. Taking snaps

It should have the following features:

1. Really good battery life.

2. Good ergonomics (nice keypad or easy to use touch screen).

3. It should be Sturdy (phone will fall at least 3-4 times a week).

4. It should have good readability(font size should be big and easy to read ) and should be readable in sunlight too.

5. Since the phone will be used a lot for talking it should have good voice clarity.

6. The OS should be easy to use and not too complex. I found symbian to be a lot complex as it needs time to adjust to it.

7. The phone should look sexy too.

After consifering all the above requirements I've selected

HTC Legend OR

Nokia E72 OR

Blackberry B9700 OR

Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO

I think we can upgrade Nokia wrrty. to 2years so that's a plus point for Nokia. The GPS guidance system in Nokia is also good.

I don't know much about android OS and I'm leaving it up to you guys to pick a cell phone.

I'll be buying the phone from Navi-Mumbai so if possible suggest a good VFM shop too.

TIA,

Aman.

I got no advice asfar as the phones go as i have not seen any of the phones. But as in case of android, i would definitely say go for an android phone over any other OS. this is basically because of the usability and the amount of apps that the android platform has. It is quite stable and u can find thousands of apps for every need and easily download and install them. It is quite fast too.

Get a BB 9700. QWERY KB is Perfect for EMails and messaging. Fulfills your needs to the T. Has a decent 3.2MP camera as well.

If you are'nt really keen on 3G and want to save some moolah, i'd recommend a BB8900 over the bold 2. It has all the features of 9700 minus 3G. Cost around 16 with B/W. Been using one, no complaints till date.

I'd suggest you look into HTC Legend. Android is the way to go. Also HTC beautifully customizes Android using Sense UI.

Nokia E72 - Its old now though it might have all the features Symbian is aging and we do not know if Nokia will release a Symbian^3 update for the phone.

Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO -Windows Mobile OS is releasing a new update and again this phone won't be getting it.

Blackberry - I think these phones lack the flexibility which one would desire at this price point.

~H2O

I've selected HTC Legend and Samsung 7610 OmaniaPro(2gb internal!!!). I'll select one only after a live demo.

But I still want to know more about Motorolla Milestone and HTC HD2 along with their prices.

aman.pitbull said:
I've selected HTC Legend and Samsung 7610 OmaniaPro(2gb internal!!!). I'll select one only after a live demo.

But I still want to know more about Motorolla Milestone and HTC HD2 along with their prices.

I don't think an HD2 would fit into your budget , though you can checkout the Mini HD , seems pretty decent too .

Back