need a phone with good offline navigation software

Currently using road pilot with map my india maps.It's very good but can only take it where my car goes. So pls suggest me a phone with a good offline( that's doesn't rely on expensive data plans) navigation software.Price is not really a concern. But i need good offline map support of not just india but other countries as well--Thailand & other south east asian countries i plan to visit. If possible pls suggest one with a good battery life.

Currently using road pilot with map my india maps.It's very good but can only take it where my car goes. So pls suggest me a phone with a good offline( that's doesn't rely on expensive data plans) navigation software.Price is not really a concern. But i need good offline map support of not just india but other countries as well--Thailand & other south east asian countries i plan to visit. If possible pls suggest one with a good battery life.

Nokia does have offline maps for lots of countries in the world. I have personally used nokia maps (offline GPS) on my old 5230 in India and also in Thailand.
Many people here will suggest you android devices but before going for them, ensure what all Offline GPS apps are available and the country maps available for those softwares. This has to be your deciding factor.

how good are nokia maps? Really don't wanna buy symbian . How are nokia maps for lumia series and N9 ??

The only reason i was suggesting Nokia was because it has maps of lots of countries while i believe other android bases GPS apps don't have. I might be completely wrong.
No idea about lumia and N9 as i have never used them.

Some android apps i can suggest are

Navigon
N drive
iGo
Co Pilot
Sygic

For these apps, i suggest you search their respective websites if they have maps for the countries you are interested in.

What's your current phone?

The best I used was sygic & mapmyindia version for iPhone.
Works flawlessly with offline I can search for POI for the entire country.
As for other country there's a lot of alternatives from sygic, tomtom, nav,etc

Else

Get the new lumia phones which is powered by Nokia maps,
Easy and effective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Android+Sygic+a high end phone will give you accurate and fast navigation. I have tried many other nav sw. But Sygic is very fast in locating your position. And gives accurate data. You can load maps for many countries, almost all I think. I am using it on a HTC EVO 4G.

Hi I have a nokia c7 with lifetime free navigation , nokia offers offline maps which can be downloaded via WiFi or data cable , either India as a whole or even states indivisually . Travelled extensively in Maharashtra and Goa never went off course even on the very small kaccha roads . Maps are updated regularly .

Nokia maps - Windows & Symbian (theoretically) should not make a difference. If possible, try out both in a shop, to see the interface differences, if any.

Read somewhere that HTC has started adding maps + offline navigation - check that out too.

hey sorry for using ur thread but I m also in need for the same exact thing so posting here only difference is I am little low on budget so please suggest me cheapest value for money phone with best possible navigation features (online and offline both).

Back