Need a Pick Up for my Guitar

I think you should also mention what kind of guitar it is.. i.e. is it an electric and you're looking to replace the stock pickups, or is it an acoustic and you're intending to add a pickup in the sound hole.

OT

if that were a lady guitar, i'd pick her up myself :D ;) :p

/OT

You could try Shruthi Musicals near that Fruit Shop On Greames Road at Kellys.. i think they quoted rs.2200 for a pickup (they didnt mention any brand though), but those guys dont even reduce Re.1..

do you have an acoustic/electric guitar?

if you have an electric:

which guitar is it?

what kinda tone are you looking for on your guitar?

whats the current pickup config?? (H-S-S / H-H / S-S-S) ?

err..pardon me guys, but i've just started practicing..with help of some video tuts...i've got an acoustic guitar too..so what exactly is this pick up tht u guys are talkin about?? havent come across tht term in the tuts till now..:ashamed:

^^A pickup is basically a transducer that does exactly what the name suggests... picks up the notes being played so that it can be pumped into some sort of amp.

^^Well my acoustic guitar has got a jack at the right bottom side...i even got a sort of a wire with big headphone like jacks...so does it mean my guitar's already got a pick up..??i was told tht i cud use it to connect to an amp...never tried it though cos i dont have an amp..:ashamed:

Back