Budget 15-20K Need a Poco F1 Successor

Asking suggestions for my smartphone upgrade from Pocophone F1. This has been such a good experience with the mighty flagship killer but unfortunately the earpiece speaker has died. The phone has last for around 5 years, and I am obsessed with its picture quality and smooth user experience using the pixel experience custom ROM.
Please suggest any one of the below two options.

1. Purchase a brand new 8GB / 128 GB pocophone F1 and continue with pixel experience 13. In that case I will have to be content with Android 14 at best as I doubt custom rom development will last more than that.

2. Purchase another phone and slap pixel experience on it. I will continue to use it for another 5 years.

I just need an upgrade in image quality.
I have no problem with the speed of user experience pocophone F1 provides.

Asking suggestions for my smartphone upgrade from Pocophone F1. This has been such a good experience with the mighty flagship killer but unfortunately the earpiece speaker has died. The phone has last for around 5 years, and I am obsessed with its picture quality and smooth user experience using the pixel experience custom ROM.

1. Purchase a brand new 8GB / 128 GB pocophone F1 and continue with pixel experience 13. In that case I will have to be content with Android 14 at best as I doubt custom rom development will last more than that.

2. Purchase another phone and slap pixel experience on it. I will continue to use it for another 5 years.

Used poco f4.. it have good custom rom support

On side note, Poco F1 was such a good package at such a great price, finding its replacement is hard. Apart from great speed , I found the camera to be delightfully good. I am aware that camera specs are not good on paper but whatever preprocessing it did was on the spot.

f4 5g or maybe upcoming f5 5g

Last edited:
Used poco f4.. it have good custom rom support
Went from Poco F1 to this, have to say display and speakers were a noticeable upgrade. The cameras are nothing to boast about some shots are a hit, some are a miss. Charging speeds are another plus. If you are fixated wanting to use pixel experience or any other custom ROMs then this should be one of the only phones on your radar. Another recommendation would be the nothing phone if you can stretch your budget a but and plan to not flash any custom ROMs because of the better cameras.

than nothing phone 2 with second gen qualcom chipset makes much more sense since it second gen has meaningful perf bump and os is stock like

I would look out for

Next gen battery i.e graphene battery in smaller footprint with quick charging
Stock android from nothing/Motorola
And its true that custom roms are dying .I do have poco f4 5g ( wanted nothing phone but the release price was not correct hence POCO) but lineage os has not officially supported it .it has supported Chinese k40/K40s but not the Indian version. May be they were waiting for 5g firmware release which came maybe a month ago.
Or go pixel 6a (again not priced well at launch) or 7a route ( if you don't face any hardware issue and can take good care of it over the course of time its a great phone.)

than nothing phone 2 with second gen qualcom chipset makes much more sense since it second gen has meaningful perf bump and os is stock like
I think Nothing is going to follow the same path as OnePlus when they first came out. They tried pricing the nothing phone 1 even higher on launch than what it was worth, but at around 25k it seems worth it. The newer phone with the 8 gen 1 chipset should go for more (And if it's the 8 gen 1 and not the 8+gen1 then I wouldn't even bother suggesting it). I'm personally looking forward to that phone and gift it to my brother too. I wanted to go with the nothing phone 1 for 25k but didn't pull the trigger, but now looking for the nothing phone 2.
Now looking to pick up the Pixel 7a for him but if it comes with the same release pricing as the 6a then I have no clue which phone I'll go with.

Back