PC Peripherals Need a Professional Soundcard

tracerbullet

Skilled
Price isn't an issue at all, this is for a friend who's setting up a home studio.

I've already seen Freaky's post, but he's bound by a 10k limit, my friend isn't. Hence the new thread.

I've already gone here and the Delta 1010LT seems like an option. Any other recommendations?

You might wanna look at the EMU 1820M(~500$) if price ain't a concern. If you can spend even more, then the LynxTWO(~1200$) is an awesome card!

Edit: Fgt to mention: The Delta 1010(~600$) is a great card too. LT(~300$) is the lite version btw ;)

Chaos said:
You might wanna look at the EMU 1820M(~500$) if price ain't a concern. If you can spend even more, then the LynxTWO(~1200$) is an awesome card!

Edit: Fgt to mention: The Delta 1010(~600$) is a great card too. LT(~300$) is the lite version btw ;)

So this friend of mine spoke to some of his studio friends, and they've recommended these two models.

The MOTU (Mark Of The Unicorn) 828mkII and the M-audio FireWire 1814.

Since he's looking for a professional setup, he doesn't mind spending 50k even. MOTU also has other, more hardcore stuff on their site. Go here. But evaluating which of these is the best is beyond me, so let me know what you think.

Lynx two B period. No card comes close. Highest quality components used, no bars quality. Funnily no card has been produced yet to match the quality of this one. Unfortuately it costs $1000, but if your friend isnt bound by a budget, then this card is the one to get.

Gives a PERFECTLY flat response any absolutely any frequency bit depth :)

Super quality Analogue stage, highest quality caps..etc..

http://audio.rightmark.org/test/lynx-two-b-2496.html

Back