Need a QWERTY 3G, Wifi phone around 15k.

m47r1m

Adept
Hey guys, sister needs a phone. Budget is sub 17-18k ish. Needs either a QWERTY keypad or a slide keyboard. Has to have 3G and Wifi.

Music and movies are secondary usage. Primary would be quick and easy Email, Internet and messaging access.

Right now I am looking at the Blackberry 9300 curve, the Nokia n72 and the Sony Xperia X10. I am leaning towards the X10.

Any suggestions?

Also I have heard you need to take on a BB plan to get good usage out of it. Whats the deal with that?

BB 9300 is a good choice. If warranty does not matter you can get Unlocked BB 9700 too for around 17k. The only thing to note with a BB is that you would require a BIS/BES plan to use the Mail, Messenger and Internet Browsing.

Most of the Service Providers have 2 BIS plans for PostPaid:

1st is 299/- BBPL(Blackberry Prosumer Lite) - includes only access to Unlimited Mails/Messengers you cannot browse internet or use Facebook, Twitter or google Maps.

2nd is 599/- BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) - This is a full BB service plan in which you can access Facebook, Twitter, Browse Internet (Unlimited) along with Unlimited Mails/Messengers

Some providers also have a monthly BIS plan for Prepaid which is around 399/- and is same as BIS 599. Though I am not sure of all its features as I am on Postpaid BIS 599/-

Most girls like the look of the X10. But the E72 will be your best bet. I personally like the tough construction of the E72.

If you can opt for BIS/BES, get an unlocked 9700. It won't carry a warranty though.

You can contact RamPagE for deals on the BB 9700. He even has a thread in the Hot Deals sections.

Thanks for the replies guys.

TBH she will be using the office or home wifi 90% of the times so paying 600 bucks a month for the BB plan just to do that seems a bit absurd.

I guess its between the X10 and the E72. The X10 has a better camera from what I hear so I think unless the build quality is bad I should probably go with that. Right? I mean camera is an important feature to her along with the email.

go for the E72....been using it for over a year now..suits the purpose perfectly...the X10 (Mini Pro?) has a really small screen that doesnt do justice to android...dont go for BB..overpriced data plans :X

Back