Budget 31-40k need a rig specially for running pcsx2

X-jo

Disciple
I would like to buy a PC and that should/must be able to emulate PCSX2(playable) games at max speed with good amount of fps. I would also be playing PC games but PCSX2 is the top priority.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Will-PCSX2-run-fast-on-my-computer is the thread which states the requirement possibilities for pcsx2 to run well.

This will be my first desktop as I just have a laptop. (My friend would want a similar config in his laptop too http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/need-a-rig-specially-for-running-pcsx2.149959/)

1. What is your budget?
    • 35k. 40k only if the requirements I need don't meet 35k.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • I would need everything that a PC needs from smps, keyboard, mouse, ups etc
    • Anything that meets the below following , if I can get the maximum req at this budget then awesome else i would want the recommended req
    • Minumum Req.
      C2D or AMD x2~ at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card(Except 64-bit bandwidth video card)
      Recommended Req.
      For i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz(Except P4,PDC,C2D,C2Q,i3),For AMD x2~ at 4.0Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
      Maximum Req.
      i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
      Priority Req. :
      *If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
      VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
      **If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
      Pentium 3,4 or AMD without X,athlon 64,Turion,Celpron,486,586,Intel-Atom,Intel-Centrino,Intel-Celeron,Intel-Core-Solo,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
      CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement..
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, would like to have this for 2 years minimum
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Hyderabad
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming ie emulating console games especially PCSX2
    • Browsing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • games on PCSX2
    • STEAM games
    • Virtua Tennis, racing and strategy games
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Any which is best fit for my requirements
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 (Primary)
    • Linux - Linux Mint(Secondary, dual boot)
Do let me know which would be the best config for me to buy.

Today pcs can easily surpass even ps3 n 360 config , so any mid range pc u get can easily handle PS2 games, there is lack of optimization with the emulation so that we wont get playable fps in half of the games. Hence get a ps2 and a pc if u want ps2 games simple :p. Correct me if wrong.

Back