Need a router with maximum range & stability. Budget - 10k

Hi

I am looking for a wifi router with 2 basic requirements: Maximum range & Stability. I am currently using Asus N13u & it is giving a lot of issues on both aspects. Lot of disconnections & at least 1 restart a day to get it going. Range does not suffice my needs so I have to replace it anyways. Will send it for RMA as soon as I get a new one.

I am looking at the following the routers for the time being:

1. Asus RT-N66U ~ 10.9k
2. Netgear R6300 AC 1750 ~ 10.5k
3. TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 ~ 10.2k
4. Asus RT-AC56 AC1200 10k
5. Asus RT-AC66U
Kindly suggest keeping Range & Stability as the highest priority.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Adding Asus AC66 to the list as well after going through the rave reviews received by it all over.

Last edited:
For range, suggest you use two routers instead of 1
If you have low volume of internal network traffic, get any of the nameless cheap routers as the primary
If you can use a wired connection to the area of your house where you have poor coverage, use the second one as just asn AP connected to first via LAN
else get a basic wireless repeater
(Bear in mind that even a super expensive primary router will not give you much better coverage than a cheap one - remember that Your device also needs to transmit signal back to the router)

If you have heavy traffic on the internal network , opt for a mid-range router with reasonable processing power n memory - I use a DIR-850L i picked for cheap as my primary .. I significantly higher than average internal network traffic but have never had any stability issues with it

for range, I use two old routers connected to the primary in different areas of the house

I have an Archer C7 and linksys E900 as a bridge and it covers 2 floors easily and it has been almost 3 months since I have restarted my router (need to restart my age old BSNL modem every 5-6 days). My place has quite a number of walls and that's the reason have been using a e900 bridge, as the tp link router has been placed in one corner of the house. Maybe this info would not suffice to make a decision, but just my 2 cents regarding the router. Thanks

For range, suggest you use two routers instead of 1
If you have low volume of internal network traffic, get any of the nameless cheap routers as the primary
If you can use a wired connection to the area of your house where you have poor coverage, use the second one as just asn AP connected to first via LAN
else get a basic wireless repeater

Same layout as last time ?

I have an Archer C7 and linksys E900 as a bridge and it covers 2 floors easily and it has been almost 3 months since I have restarted my router (need to restart my age old BSNL modem every 5-6 days). My place has quite a number of walls and that's the reason have been using a e900 bridge, as the tp link router has been placed in one corner of the house. Maybe this info would not suffice to make a decision, but just my 2 cents regarding the router. Thanks

Haha.. Yes the same layout man. Have ordered Asus AC66U. Waiting for delivery. Let's see if it solves my problem. If not then will get a wired thing setup along with it as well.Thanks for the inputs guys. Initially I did order Archer C7 but then cancelled it since service could have been an issue at my place. Asus service is tried and tested so no guesses there.

Also in terms of range AC66U has been ranked one of the best routers around so hopefully I wouldn't have to look for anything else. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back