Need a smartwatch under 10k, replacement for Mi Band 6

kvn95ss

Adept
My Mi band 6 is acting weird, especially when it comes in contact with water. My main usage was to get wrist vibrations for call / text / app notifications and tracking my sleep (primary) and walks/workouts (secondary). I am currently using iPhone 14.

I wanted to buy Redmi Smart Band Pro as its neatly within my budget and I'm fine with a lateral move in feature set, however the lack of first party straps is bothering me. I tried third party straps with Mi Band 5/6, and was allergic to them (got rashes within 6 hours of usage) but the original strap worked with no issues.

I am spoilt by 7-10 days battery life of the smart band, and my brother who has Apple watch SE 2 needs charging every other day, so would prefer something with at least a week battery life. Are there any alternatives in this price range?

I've used an Amazfit GT 2E ( or something very similar in name ) in the past. While I used it with Android, I have friends who have said it works well with the iPhone, battery used to last a week at the minimum. It does fitness tracking surprisingly well and half decent sleep tracking.

For that money, there is nothing better than Galaxy Watch 4. It's an absolute bargain. Go googling brother.
My brother I'm using an iPhone, watch 4 is not compatible with iOS.

Charge 5 is decent but outside my budget.

I had checked Amazfit watches near my Croma outlet, and the interface was laggy af. My Mi band 6 felt faar more responsive, but granted the model I checked was Amazfit GTS 2 mini.

I'm still looking at Redmi Smart Band pro, I might pick up a used Apple Watch SE once I settle in Sweden.

Also, the battery life of my band has also reduced (from 7-10 days to 3-4 days) so would like to buy another smart watch / band by this week.

Fyi Huami makes watches and bands for Xiaomi . I have mi band 3 and mi watch revolve . Both made by Huami ( Amazfit ) and excellent quality . So buying a band from redmi / mi or Huami Amazfit would be the same . Both are the same excellent build quality compared to boat , noise , cult etc . ...

If you had no issues with Mi Band, upgrade to Amazfit GTS Mini 2023 edition whatever. Bigger and better display, same features. Do not rely on workout and heart rate stats on Amazfit devices. Their sensors are very very inaccurate.

I have 30k limit on my Amazon ICICI card, really tempted to just go for Apple Watch SE 2nd gen (44mm, GPS model) which is 28k right now, I even get 12 months EMI with my card.
It also has the best trackers for its price, so that is a plus going for it. With apple care it should easily last me 2-3 years.

really tempted to just go for Apple Watch SE 2nd gen
If you can afford it, there's really no general purpose smartwatch better than the Apple Watch IMO. However, you should probably spend some time comparing the SE to a second hand 6th or 7th gen watch which you might get for around the same price

If you can afford it, there's really no general purpose smartwatch better than the Apple Watch IMO. However, you should probably spend some time comparing the SE to a second hand 6th or 7th gen watch which you might get for around the same price
Yes, but they usually have lower battery health, are out of warranty and sometimes not in the best condition (Saw a local Watch 7 sold for 17k, but battery health was 76%). Apple watches already don't have the best batteries, so anything below 70% will have to be replaced, which costs ~8k in India.

Yes, but they usually have lower battery health, are out of warranty and sometimes not in the best condition (Saw a local Watch 7 sold for 17k, but battery health was 76%). Apple watches already don't have the best batteries, so anything below 70% will have to be replaced, which costs ~8k in India.
Unless you are heavily into workouts and rely a lot on watch apps, dont get an Apple Watch. The best feature of this is its fitness tracking. If you are tempted, go with Series 7, not the SE 2. Not much difference in price but is better overall.

My brother I'm using an iPhone, watch 4 is not compatible with iOS.

Charge 5 is decent but outside my budget.

I had checked Amazfit watches near my Croma outlet, and the interface was laggy af. My Mi band 6 felt faar more responsive, but granted the model I checked was Amazfit GTS 2 mini.

I'm still looking at Redmi Smart Band pro, I might pick up a used Apple Watch SE once I settle in Sweden.

Also, the battery life of my band has also reduced (from 7-10 days to 3-4 days) so would like to buy another smart watch / band by this week.
I have a Fitbit charge 5 for sale purchased in April last year if you are interested.

Slight offtopic but i just bought a samsung watch 4.
I have observed that using the watch while charging drains the battery. By use i mean browsing the interface etc and no sensors usage.
Is this supposed to happen?

It could be charging at slower speed, which charger are you using?
I think it’s better to not use smartwatch when it charges, but this behaviour doesn’t seem normal

If it’s under warranty, might be worth getting it replaced

On a related note, I ended up buying the Apple Watch SE 2nd gen 44mm GPS.

My closest imagine had 45mm watch 7 GPS for 42k, so the SE seemed cheaper and safer

It could be charging at slower speed, which charger are you using?
I think it’s better to not use smartwatch when it charges, but this behaviour doesn’t seem normal

If it’s under warranty, might be worth getting it replaced

On a related note, I ended up buying the Apple Watch SE 2nd gen 44mm GPS.

My closest imagine had 45mm watch 7 GPS for 42k, so the SE seemed cheaper and safer
Using the charger it came with .
Just got delivered today.
Will try to charge it to max once and then report back.

Using the charger it came with .
Just got delivered today.
Will try to charge it to max once and then report back.
My partner got a Galaxy Watch4 Classic a month ago, and can confirm this behavior is normal. For the very first charge, it loses power even if you are just interacting with the UI and changing screens. Let it charge to 100% at least once and then do set up and connection. Also, this watch does get very warm while charging so it's best to not use it during that time. As per some reddit users, pointing a fan to the watch and cradle while charging helps with the heat and speeds up charging.

My partner got a Galaxy Watch4 Classic a month ago, and can confirm this behavior is normal. For the very first charge, it loses power even if you are just interacting with the UI and changing screens. Let it charge to 100% at least once and then do set up and connection. Also, this watch does get very warm while charging so it's best to not use it during that time. As per some reddit users, pointing a fan to the watch and cradle while charging helps with the heat and speeds up charging.
i was pretty nervous when the watch was losing charge during charging.
Yes i have also noticed the heat , read somewhere not to use till 3 to 5 mins.
Was busy testing and learning about all the features,ended up sideloading apps for bp and ecg.
wanted to ask if the watch tracks sleeping automatically or will i have to turn on sleep mode before i go to sleep.
Thanks.

i was pretty nervous when the watch was losing charge during charging.
Yes i have also noticed the heat , read somewhere not to use till 3 to 5 mins.
Was busy testing and learning about all the features,ended up sideloading apps for bp and ecg.
wanted to ask if the watch tracks sleeping automatically or will i have to turn on sleep mode before i go to sleep.
Thanks.
It does track sleep automatically even if you don't switch on sleep mode

Is there any point in keeping watch paired with the phone.
If i dont keep them paired ,will the data get synced with samsung health when pairing is done ?
I m using a samsung phone if that hepls.

Back