Need A suggestion Quick

sanjeed063

Disciple
Guys i need ur help..i've had a n70 since the past 2 yrs and it passed its expiry date(Read Dead) 2 weeks back

As my bro is coming over from Dubai in 10 days and am going to write my 12th boards in a months time,he decided to buy me my passing gift 3 months in advance :p

so i need ur suggestions here..Am looking for anything below 24k worth the bucks..
shld have good functionability

it shldnt be lofty lol,shld be able to carry around in my pocket
good camera and music capabilities
and it would be an extra benefit if it has ebook capabilities..it shld be able to handle applications
i dont mind if it is android or if it aint
and 1 more thing it shldnt be ugly lol as engineering aint too far..
So guys could u suggest something good and quick,i have to tell my bro quick

Well i would say better concentrate in 12th exams now.
The dual core phones will be out in a month sending the current flagship's prices spiraling down.
You can get a much better phone after your board and entrance(for 24k than what you can get now) and enjoy its capabilities :)

Are you specific to nokia or ready to try another brands too?

Still dont hurry for your 24k investment. Give your exams and then explore more. By that time the current prices will shift down and also new entrants will be watchful.

ronit said:
Are you specific to nokia or ready to try another brands too?

Still dont hurry for your 24k investment. Give your exams and then explore more. By that time the current prices will shift down and also new entrants will be watchful.
no am not specific to nokia,am willing to try out any REPUTED brand as long as the product is worth it..i can w8 for a max of 2 months.my question is within 2 months will the price come down as to justify the wait

i have done some snooping around the forums and found out the 2 options currently available

1.nokia N8

2.Samsung Galaxy S

which would u ppl suggest?and wat abt iphone

Prices drop all the time. I bought my desire 4 months back. Its dropped 4K now. Don't worry.

Regarding iPhone, go feel the real thing in your hand before you fall for it. Some people like me don't like it, its a thin brick. I love my Desire. So feel it in your real hand before going for it.

My experience is dubai was the following with mobile phones:

1.They cost the same in electronic retail chains (like jumbo,jacky's,sharaf DG,fono,etc..) as they do in india. Hardly any price difference. Not sure about warranty validity in india.

2.Mobiles cost lesser in smaller shops in places like Meena bazaar, computer street(a lot cheaper than in india) but wherever i asked, they said international warranty is not there.

They said that problems in mobiles after a few months are generally rare and manufacturing defects are found out within a few days of usage, but i was just a tourist there, no way to get the phone repaired if i found a problem back in india, so i didnt take a chance. so, buy from dubai if you can get it repaired somewhere else or if your bro travels there or comes back frequently. Then it will be really worth it. Just remember that you cannot get it repaired here in india as warranty is not valid here.

And regarding the iphone(4), the lowest price i found there was 34k, so do not expect it to come anywhere near 25k for new. i went to dubai 2 months ago but i dont think the price would have dropped that much in 2 months. note that this warranty issue is only for mobiles, and not for laptops, cameras etc..

DarkAngel said:
The dual core phones will be out in a month sending the current flagship's prices spiraling down.

Which dual core ones will be out in a month in India? :huh:
I had almost decided on Desire (as advised by you only :)) but chose to wait for Dual Core, Tegra2, etc.

iron_mask said:
Prices drop all the time. I bought my desire 4 months back. Its dropped 4K now. Don't worry.

Regarding iPhone, go feel the real thing in your hand before you fall for it. Some people like me don't like it, its a thin brick. I love my Desire. So feel it in your real hand before going for it.
Yep... I had got my desire for ~27k...

BTW, I still think the OP should wait as he can hardly enjoy the new phone under the exam pressure anyway!! :p

Will he able to get a dual core flagship for below 24 k... not really, initially they will cost above 28 k.. And then gradually come down... in this matter phones are same as GFX cards... Newer models keep coming and older models except for some keep getting cheaper... It.s better to buy if you intend to right away, something with better specs will always be coming, you can't keep waiting forever...

rhlravi said:
My experience is dubai was the following with mobile phones:

1.They cost the same in electronic retail chains (like jumbo,jacky's,sharaf DG,fono,etc..) as they do in india. Hardly any price difference. Not sure about warranty validity in india.

2.Mobiles cost lesser in smaller shops in places like Meena bazaar, computer street(a lot cheaper than in india) but wherever i asked, they said international warranty is not there.

They said that problems in mobiles after a few months are generally rare and manufacturing defects are found out within a few days of usage, but i was just a tourist there, no way to get the phone repaired if i found a problem back in india, so i didnt take a chance. so, buy from dubai if you can get it repaired somewhere else or if your bro travels there or comes back frequently. Then it will be really worth it. Just remember that you cannot get it repaired here in india as warranty is not valid here.

And regarding the iphone(4), the lowest price i found there was 34k, so do not expect it to come anywhere near 25k for new. i went to dubai 2 months ago but i dont think the price would have dropped that much in 2 months. note that this warranty issue is only for mobiles, and not for laptops, cameras etc..
My bro comes once a yr but his friends keep travelling quite frequently,so the warranty aint much of an issue..and thanks for your help

Back