Budget 0-20k Need a super compact ITX cabinet

Mann

Adept
Looking for a super compact PC case like the Velka 7(which is out of stock forever) . Should be compatible with an m-itx Mobo, a SFX PSU and a 280mm GPU. Budget is <10k don't mind importing or making one myself.
I know we have itx fanatics here. Most of them would have crossed this bridge at some point or the other and don't mind sharing their wisdom.
I found sgpc k55 but sourcing it is no easy task.
Edit: Should be <10L

Last edited:
I love it's price and performance but it's too big. Looking for sub 10L cases.
Fractal Design Node202
10lit

Using it for some time now, can carry it in backpack (17" laptop backpack), have travelled on flights multiple times with it.

Supports all standard miniITX components, dual slot GPU upto 315mm IIRC, CPU Cooler upto 57mm IIRC, available for 7299 on primeABGB.

Wraith Spire fits after removing the LED ring and filing a little useless plastic from the fan.

Last edited:
How are the cpu temperatures in it?
Running a R5 3600 with Wraith Spire. I have filed down the cpu fan bracket (the ring around the actual fan) so that it makes perfect contact with the body of case (and there is a grill on case for air intake) so it directly pulls 100% fresh air from outside the case.

I don't do much heavy work on this which can put CPU under 100% load for longer duration. I haven't cared to monitor CPU temps regularly (because it runs pretty silent) but whenever I checked, I haven't seen it touch 60 C. Light gaming (1650S) + browsing + office work.

I have put 2 Noctua Slim fans in front of GPU so GPU also gets almost 100% fresh air from outside.

Fractal Design Node202
10lit

Using it for some time now, can carry it in backpack (17" laptop backpack), have travelled on flights multiple times with it.

Supports all standard miniITX components, dual slot GPU upto 315mm IIRC, CPU Cooler upto 57mm IIRC, available for 7299 on primeABGB.

Wraith Spire fits after removing the LED ring and filing a little useless plastic from the fan.
I was also looking for an ITX case which I could take on flights. Node 202 is still pricey despite being old!

How much filing was involved? Little or too much?

Also, there is an Indian company X-Rig, they have an ITX case (~4.5k) which comes with a carry bag. Sure not as small as Node 202 but they claim it fits will in overhead compartment of planes.

How are the cpu temperatures in it?
I did some stres testing on it. It touches 90 C within 2-3 mins when at 100% load (Cinebench R20). I was getting avg 3480 (multithread). The temps stabilized at 90-91 C. After that I installed Ryzen Master and set the overclock mode to Eco-Mode and then ran Cinebench R20 again. This time I was getting avg. 3350 while the temperature got stabilized at 75-78 C.

When doing nothing, it sits around 50 C.

How much filing was involved? Little or too much?
Very little (3mm approx). I'm using Wraith Spire cooler. It comes with a LED ring which is removable. After removing the LED ring thingy, only the fan remains. I'll try to find some images to explain what I did.

2.jpeg

Zoom in the image, I have marked the plastic portion in red which I had to destructively remove to make it fit inside. You can use some other slim fan (15mm) aswell if the holes align with your heatsink fan holes.

Last edited:
Looking for a super compact PC case like the Velka 7(which is out of stock forever) . Should be compatible with an m-itx Mobo, a SFX PSU and a 280mm GPU. Budget is <10k don't mind importing or making one myself.
I know we have itx fanatics here. Most of them would have crossed this bridge at some point or the other and don't mind sharing their wisdom.
Edit: Should be <10L
Here are few options
1. SilverStone Technology Ultra Compact Mini-ITX Computer Case
2. Lian Li A4 H2O A4 (M-ITX)
3. NZXT H210 (M-ITX) Mini Tower Cabinet With Tempered Glass Side Panel

Here are few options
1. SilverStone Technology Ultra Compact Mini-ITX Computer Case
2. Lian Li A4 H2O A4 (M-ITX)
3. NZXT H210 (M-ITX) Mini Tower Cabinet With Tempered Glass Side Panel
No.1 Is a prehistoric design. Very cheap tho.
No.2 Is 12.6k thinking seriously about this one.
No.3 Was on sale on Amazon for 16.5k. Left it cos of the price.
Basically the PSU and Cooler I have so buying these would be redundant/ waste of money.

No.1 Is a prehistoric design. Very cheap tho.
No.2 Is 12.6k thinking seriously about this one.
No.3 Was on sale on Amazon for 16.5k. Left it cos of the price.
Basically the PSU and Cooler I have so buying these would be redundant/ waste of money.
Check this one also
Lian Li Q58X3 Cabinet With PCIe 3.0 Riser Cable (Black)

I have used SGPC case - SGPC K40. But be aware that their (true for SGPC in general) metal thickness is on lower side and does not feel premium. They are cheap for reason !

Back