Budget 0-20k Need a UPS for 850W PSU + 27 inch 4K monitor + speakers

ajish65

Patron
My current one is a 1100VA APC unit which has been sufficing for 5 years. But now it dies the moment the current goes.

I remember someone on another thread recommending a Cyberpower 2200VA one, available on MDComputers for a little less than 8K, I think. Just want to know if there are any other options. There is an APC 2200VA one on Amazon which I would have bought if it wasn't double the price of the Cyberpower. Even though I am partial to APC since the current one hasn't given me any trouble so far.

Any reccos, suggestions or advice would be super helpful. Thank you.

Also, I did do a search for "UPS" but I guess that's too short a term, so the results just return practically every thread.

My current one is a 1100VA APC unit which has been sufficing for 5 years. But now it dies the moment the current goes.

I remember someone on another thread recommending a Cyberpower 2200VA one, available on MDComputers for a little less than 8K, I think. Just want to know if there are any other options. There is an APC 2200VA one on Amazon which I would have bought if it wasn't double the price of the Cyberpower. Even though I am partial to APC since the current one hasn't given me any trouble so far.

Any reccos, suggestions or advice would be super helpful. Thank you.

Also, I did do a search for "UPS" but I guess that's too short a term, so the results just return practically every thread.

Your UPS is probably fine, just change the batteries. Go to any battery dealer near your place and ask them to do it.

Thank you for the quick response!!

Battery dealer as in car/bike battery dealer? Wouldn't that be dangerous? Also, how much would they charge; if you could give me an estimate for budget?

Thank you for the quick response!!

Battery dealer as in car/bike battery dealer? Wouldn't that be dangerous? Also, how much would they charge; if you could give me an estimate for budget?

Yes, your local Exide/Amaron dealer will have computer UPS batteries.

What model of APC do you have? Batteries usually are 7AH for lower capacities and twin 7AH for larger ones.

7AH battery will cost around 700-900 per piece.

Change batteries after 2 years!
You can order yourself or get it changed in a electronics shop. The batteries specs should be written on UPS itself or website and last resort is just to open it and see the batteries. But it should be two 7ah batteries as above comment has mentioned.

Yes, your local Exide/Amaron dealer will have computer UPS batteries.

What model of APC do you have? Batteries usually are 7AH for lower capacities and twin 7AH for larger ones.

7AH battery will cost around 700-900 per piece.
Great. Thank you so much! I have the APC BX-1100C-IN 1100VA model.
Change batteries after 2 years!
You can order yourself or get it changed in a electronics shop. The batteries specs should be written on UPS itself or website and last resort is just to open it and see the batteries. But it should be two 7ah batteries as above comment has mentioned.
I did not know they were supposed to be changed every 2 years! Thank you!

Great. Thank you so much! I have the APC BX-1100C-IN 1100VA model.

I did not know they were supposed to be changed every 2 years! Thank you!

You'll need two 7AH batteries. Should cost you around 1.8-2k including exchange of your current dead batteries at your nearest Exide/Amaron dealer. They will replace them for free.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to help with this. Got the batteries swapped out at a dealer like you guys suggested. Saved me a chunk of money! Thanks so much! :D

Back