Need a wifi adapter(USB/PCI)

Tron05

Adept
i have set up wifi network in my home and use my laptop with it, but cannot use my PC to browse internet. Need a wifi adapter for the PC.

There are USB and PCI adapters available. I would prefer the USB ones, unless pci performs much better than them.(i have only 2 pci slots)

Found a Belkin Wireless G USB Wifi Lan Adapter in ebay. How is its performance?
ebay part no. 260598123116

Any other good tested adapters?

I have a Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter in my vaio laptop and never faced a connection drop and speeds have been stable till date.

You can try EW-7711uAn from Edimax, Its 150M wireless USB adaptor with 3 dBi antenna. Good after sales support and 3yrs warranty...

Why to opt a 54G category product when world is migrating to 11n technology...

Google

I have a wireless-N adapter which i never use, there is no brand name but when connected to PC it shows RTL8191S and on that adapter there is some sort of serial number and MAC address written. It also has 300 Mbps written over it.

Any one has any idea what this RTL8191S means and since i dont use it i plan to sell it, so how much can i expect. It is like 8 months old but just lying at home and used only once when i connected it to my media player.

3G India said:
You can try EW-7711uAn from Edimax, Its 150M wireless USB adaptor with 3 dBi antenna. Good after sales support and 3yrs warranty...

Why to opt a 54G category product when world is migrating to 11n technology...

Google

Where can i find this and how much does it cost?

raksrules said:
I have a wireless-N adapter which i never use, there is no brand name but when connected to PC it shows RTL8191S and on that adapter there is some sort of serial number and MAC address written. It also has 300 Mbps written over it.
Any one has any idea what this RTL8191S means and since i dont use it i plan to sell it, so how much can i expect. It is like 8 months old but just lying at home and used only once when i connected it to my media player.

i think its realtek chip.

sent a enquiry to edimax support. got this reply

EW-7717Un nMAX 150M 1T2R Wireless 820.11n Draft 2.0 USB Adapter 1,950

Price : VAT 4% Extra

Delivery: Ex-stock available in hyderabad.

Warranty : As per the Manufacturer's warranty.

isnt 1950 + vat too costly? is this worth the cost. Anybody here using any edimax products?

If all you are going to use it for is web browsing and downloading it does not matter much whether you go for b/g or n
I would say that go for Belkin, even though it is a bit overpriced unless any of the other brands have a better reputation.

Back