Need a Wifi Router on specified Frequency

kenkanya

Disciple
Need your valuable input.

* A wifi router (to support 2G and higher) (to connect gadgets like smartphone, tablets, laptop etc) (support area less than 1000sqft residence)

Request you to recommend a Cheap and better (obviously - i don't ask for "best" as i have already mentioned "cheap") product/ after sales support.

Brands in mind - TP-Link, Asus, Netgear (budget less than 1000Rs). If there is good wifi router above 1000Rs +/- 200 is fine too, i shall go for it.

Condition:
I do not need 2.4Ghz wifi/router. For the simple reason - the cordless phone (panasonic only comes to 2.4Ghz) also work on the same frequency range. Or an alternate - a cordless phone with less frequency is also fine. Vice-versa (wifi router - cordless phone). Just to make sure about the interference issues don't occur.

Is there any wifi router recommendation that uses less than 2.4Ghz?

I understand its 5GHz band router that i need to buy. so dual band router is what iam looking at. This should cover a less than 1000sqft apartment. Can anyone suggest me a good brand and A.S.S.?[DOUBLEPOST=1457340427][/DOUBLEPOST]I have shortlisted on

TP-link archer d20 ac750 (apprx 3800Rs)
TP-link TL-WDR3600 N600 (apprx 5000Rs)

can folks give me which is better. Ofcourse one is more cost than the other.
My requirements (not in order/priority)

1. Printing
2. InterNet usage (smartphone, tab, computer)
3. Also use cordless

thanks

Last edited:
Actually, the interference with the cordless phone and the wifi router will occur only if they are near each other and that too if on similar frequency. Just change location of wifi router and channel as well. That would be better than splurging on a 5 GHz router atm.

One of the all round routers I prefer is the TP Link MR 3020, but only USB slot.

Actually, the interference with the cordless phone and the wifi router will occur only if they are near each other and that too if on similar frequency. Just change location of wifi router and channel as well.
Is there a way to fix the channel on the cordless phone because it spans the full 2.4ghz 802.11 in 5mhz steps.

24GHz_Channels.png

Then you have to fix the frequency on the wifi router finding one that isn't crowded.

Much better to get a DECT phone (works on 1.9Ghz) and not have this problem.

Is there a way to fix the channel on the cordless phone because it spans the full 2.4ghz 802.11 in 5mhz steps.

24GHz_Channels.png

Then you have to fix the frequency on the wifi router finding one that isn't crowded.

Much better to get a DECT phone (works on 1.9Ghz) and not have this problem.

Well, most of the Panasonic cordless phones have a button to do that. I dunno which one it is. Also, newer ones automatically change the frequency AFAIK.

Back