Graphic Cards Need advice about getting high-end Graphics Card from USA

AlphaOmega

Disciple
Hey guys, I need some advice about getting a graphics card from the US. I have someone coming over on December 10th, and I am planning on building a new rig around some parts ordered from there.

I am planning on getting the GPU and RAM (and maybe a SSD) from the US, and I need some advice from you guys regarding warranty etc.

I haven’t decided which card to get yet, but it’s narrowed down to either:
NVidia GTX580
or
AMD 6970
(depending on whichever is faster and available by December 1st).

I am a little concerned about warranty in case something goes wrong. Is there any vendor to which I should give a higher preference, one that honors international warranty? If something does go wrong, what are my options? I remember reading that Aditya InfoTech provides international warranty for Sapphire cards (in case the AMD route is taken). Is that true?

I ask this because I faced this situation with my current card. I had ordered a XFX 8800 Ultra from the US around three and a half years ago. It ran well for the first three years, but started artifacting and BSOD-ing this July. XFX was no help what-so-ever. Luckily it was nearly time for a upgrade and I was able to extend its life a few more months by baking it a few times.

Please advice.

AlphaOmega said:
Hey guys, I need some advice about getting a graphics card from the US. I have someone coming over on December 10th, and I am planning on building a new rig around some parts ordered from there.

I am planning on getting the GPU and RAM (and maybe a SSD) from the US, and I need some advice from you guys regarding warranty etc.

I haven’t decided which card to get yet, but it’s narrowed down to either:

NVidia GTX580

or

AMD 6970

(depending on whichever is faster and available by December 1st).

I am a little concerned about warranty in case something goes wrong. Is there any vendor to which I should give a higher preference, one that honors international warranty? If something does go wrong, what are my options? I remember reading that Aditya InfoTech provides international warranty for Sapphire cards (in case the AMD route is taken). Is that true?

I ask this because I faced this situation with my current card. I had ordered a XFX 8800 Ultra from the US around three and a half years ago. It ran well for the first three years, but started artifacting and BSOD-ing this July. XFX was no help what-so-ever. Luckily it was nearly time for a upgrade and I was able to extend its life a few more months by baking it a few times.

Please advice.
No clue about warranty.

Get those cards when they get a little matured (means when the prices are right)

Even I am getting my Zotac GT 430 from US itself but I am not bothered about warranty.

The Warranty is going to be the only deal breaker here.....

I doubt any GPU maker provides International Warranty.

Check 580 prices here when it launches, if its only 3-4k more id say just get it from here if its 5-7-9k more then ya just get it from there from evga register it within 30days and you have a long warranty period.

Going by the price difference between GTX480 in the US and here, I expect the price here to be 7-8k higher, and that's several months after launch. The price gouging is going to even worse early on.

Even disregarding international warranty (though I hear the Aditya InfoTech does provide it), what are my options in case of a problem? The card is going to bought from Newegg. If I have to ship it back to them, what's the process, and what is going to cost (approx) and what are the customs requirements? Or in case of ASUS et al, will it be possible to ship to Tiwan (should be cheaper than US) and avail the warranty?

Does anyone know the shipping cost in case a component like a graphics card has to be shipped to the US? And RMA isn't subject to customs, is it?

Back