Budget 71-90K Need Advice Buying Used PC

Dig Bick

Recruit
Hi there,

I am a student wanting to buy a dedicated PC as a station for my ML needs. I have come across a nice PC deal on reddit indiangaming forums. i am still not sure if it is price appropriately but there are some plus points
psu is gold rated 1000W with 5 years warranty left.
ram have lifetime warranty
cpu have long lives plus i think the cpu isnt damaged much since it was cooled with an aio
non miner GTX 1080 from gigabyte is a dream at 14,000. i use gt 750 so its a big big upgrade for me
case is solid and scratchless.

anyways here is the price list below. i am seriously considering buying it. only need a small push and confirmation to buy.

P.S. - i cant afford a rtx 3060 atm but since psu is strong, i can upgrade in future.

Attachments

• FINAL PRICES.png
    FINAL PRICES.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 102
Welcome to the forum. The processor and motherboard seem a bit costly. As fas longevity of the parts is concerned, if the motherboard dies, finding a new or used motherboard will be a problem. It is a bit of a gamble.

instead of 8600k + maximus x hero which costs you 16k
you can get new
i5 10400f (10000) + h410 mobo (5100) = 15.1k
i5 11400f(12000) + h510 mobo (5800) = 17.8 k
i5 12400f(15000) + b660 mobo (9500) = 24.5k

pricing taken from vedant.

With your budget, I highly recommend you to build a new rig which you can upgrade later on, if you want to save some money get a used gpu, you can get some amazing deals for a second hand GPU in the forum and other platforms at the moment, other than that I don't see the logic going for used parts with that budget.

Back