Laptops Need advice for buying Laptop (budget around 70K)

Fr0z3n

Disciple
Hi,
I am posting after long time. :)
I need advice on buying laptop. My budget is around 70K.
I was considering Sony VGN-FZ15G, Dell vostro 1500 config of around 70K,
I can also consider HP or Lenovo brands.

I am located at Hyderabad (new to this place) and would be grateful if some good location to hunt these laptops can be recommended.

Thanks.

in the 15.4" range, there is nothing better than the APPLE MACBOK PRO..

but that will overshoot budget by a mile...

although, if u can pay in dollars, then u can get one delivered in INDIA with warranty et all from an authorized distri for about USD 2000 or so..

to suggest any other notebook, u need to provide us with more info on wat u want..

to start with:

1. is weight/portability a deciding factor for u?

2. is gaming performance important?

3. r u going to use it for any CPU intensive tasks like video editing/3D work and stuff like that..?

Dell is awesome VFM...and sony is good if u wanna show-off :p

not much (not trying to get ultraportables)

yes. should have good graphics card

3. r u going to use it for any CPU intensive tasks like video editing/3D work and stuff like that..?

mostly programming, web surfing, watching movie and gaming.. :)

Don't want Mac as my gaming on programming requirement wont be met then.

From where I can buy a laptop (lenov, dell etc.) from abroad and get it shipped in India with warranty?

Thanks for the help!

go for the new Dell Vostro1400 (14.1" Widescreen)

its really good as VFM :)

u will be able to get a really good config cuz dell does not charge a lot....... unlike Apple :no: :no:

get someone to buy you a dell from US. If u buy teh 3yr completecover warranty plan with it then u will get international warranty too. Check bout the plan. some specific Dell warranty plans support international warranty. So get one of those and u ve one sweet lappie :D

Fr0z3n said:
not much (not trying to get ultraportables)
yes. should have good graphics card
mostly programming, web surfing, watching movie and gaming.. :)

Don't want Mac as my gaming on programming requirement wont be met then.
From where I can buy a laptop (lenov, dell etc.) from abroad and get it shipped in India with warranty?

Thanks for the help!

well...i was referring to the MACBOOK PRO..it'll meet all ur requirements and much more very very well :)
as i said, u can get the macbook from one of the authorized APPLE distributors here in INDIA..i know one agency who does it..i got a quote of USD 2000 for the macbook..

if u r not interested in that...then DELL 1520 or the DELL VOSTRO is ur best bet..simply because no other lappy wud give u the 8600M GT gfx card..
a top end DELL VOSTRO 1500 will cost u around 58-60k..which is a very good deal..
personally, i wud suggest the VOSTRO, simply 'cos its total VFM and will save u like 5-6k easy..if u want the color options then o for the inspiron...otherwise there is no difference in the two..

the SONY offers a 8400GT card if i'm not mistaken..so go for it if u dont mind a weaker gfx card and want more portability, sleekness and ooomph factor..!!

i dont think lenovo offers any good options in the 15" category..
HP has some nice looking lappys but they are very weak in the graphics and the processing power dept..

Great. thanks for the replies.
Now I think I will go for dell.
Have few more questions in my mind now.
1. How is the service of Dell in India?
2. Since I cannot find any retail shop of Dell, is there anyway I can get discount on Dell Laptops in Hyderabad?
3. What config would you recommend for a budget of around 60-65K on Dell? (rest of the money i have kept for buying wireless router, game titles etc.)

Thanks once again for all the replies!

1. Service: excellent.

2. Dell does not sell through shops. Buy direct from Dell.

3. for discounts: configure the system of ur choice from the dell india website. Then call up teh dell toll free number (get from site). Talk to the sales guy there n haggle :D

4. Simple: get a Dell 1420 the best u can get in ur budget :p

no..1420 does not offer the 8600GT gfx card

check out the links i provided in earlier post, for the DELL 1520 and the DELL VOSTRO..as i said, those two are ur best options here in INDIA..

choose a configuration u like and make a rough note of the price..call up dell sales, and talk to the dell sales rep..ask him to give u some discounts or roll in some freebies..u shud be able to get a discount without any trouble..

Yeh! Moreover they have reduced the prices drastically. I saw a similar config on the US site at 1800$ (72K INR). I guess somehow it was cheaper to buy in India.

NO its never cheaper in india cause wid all d coupons n other fancies the prices come down drastically..
so INdIA and CheaP don go together....lol(okok..atleast in good computer hardware..)

And try your hands on dell..Since You are spending so much(its SOOO much for me atleast..), the go for inspiron.,, atleast you'l get colours..

Back