Budget 71-90K Need advice for PC around 80-90k

prathneo

Recruit
Hi All,

Need advice on buying a PC. I will be using it for some light 1080p gaming and some personal/office work.
Have been using laptop for most of my life so do not over the top configs etc, so settled for 80-90k budget.

Also, the space in my bedroom is a bit small so could only accommodate 3ft wide desk so don't want to go beyond 24 inches monitor (so limited to 1080p monitor, planning for LG 24gn650) as i also need space for office laptop.

And while we are at it, is there any way I can switch my wired keyboard and mouse between PC and office laptop quickly without unplugging it manually? I have seen USB switcher suggested for such use cases, let me know if any other solutions to this problem.
  1. What is your budget?
    • 90k +/-5k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None, using Asus TUF505GT laptop which I plan to sell after
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard - Adata XPG Summoner
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Also, have this build in mind (mainly for DDR5 RAM) but not sure how much performance gain could i get by spending 6.5k more.
  1. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Not for 3 yrs at least
  2. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune - mostly local shops
    • Open to online purchase
  3. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes, maybe graphics card if am allowed :(
  4. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
  5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None, Open to Intel, AMD, Nvidia anything which doesn't cause headache down the line
  6. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • RDR2 and Assasins Creed are on top of my list
  7. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
  8. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  9. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

Thank you, this is a great forum, very informative and civil.

The build you've configured is decent. I do recommend replacing 5600 with 5600x though, slightly better performance.
Better yet, go for 12400 (not the F variant). Since you also need this PC for work, having iGPU as backup, in case something happens to the GPU, would be good. You'll also get Wi-Fi 6E and a USB-C port with the Gigabyte motherboard you've selected.

Since you've selected a micro ATX cabinet, be mindful of the GPU length. This one is about 280 mm, which is fine. If you select a different used one, make sure it fits in the cabinet comfortably.

The build you've configured is decent. I do recommend replacing 5600 with 5600x though, slightly better performance.
Better yet, go for 12400 (not the F variant). Since you also need this PC for work, having iGPU as backup, in case something happens to the GPU, would be good. You'll also get Wi-Fi 6E and a USB-C port with the Gigabyte motherboard you've selected.

Since you've selected a micro ATX cabinet, be mindful of the GPU length. This one is about 280 mm, which is fine. If you select a different used one, make sure it fits in the cabinet comfortably.
Thanks for the feedback.

Do you think its worth spending more for DDR5 though? I have seen some comparisons, didn't see much difference.

For your AMD build, I'd suggest considering a different motherboard such as Asrock B550M Pro4 or MSI B550M Pro-VDH WiFi.

but not sure how much performance gain could i get by spending 6.5k more
Don't excatly know the answer to this, but - Things like DDR5, gen4 SSD theoretically should make a difference. However, in 1080p & non-eSports games, I'd say it shouldn't bother you much. That said, the CPU is better as well. So, If you're willing to spend the extra, go for it.

For your Intel build, I noticed the CPU doesn't seem to support 6000MHz DDR5 (I think the max support is 4800MHz(?). Official page uses MTs and there's mixed info on other sites). As you mentioned you won't be upgrading anytime soon, consider saving a few rupees here. Also, look into how much of a difference an Nvidia GPU would make with SAM/Resizable bar or whatever it is called, in games you are looking to play, to see whether you should consider an Nvidia GPU.

For your AMD build, I'd suggest considering a different motherboard such as Asrock B550M Pro4 or MSI B550M Pro-VDH WiFi.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Wifi is a must for me coz i don't have direct cable access from router. The MB i selected has wifi6 and bluetooth 5.3.
MSI B550M Pro-VDH WiFi has wifi ac and b4.3. Any reason this could be better?

For your Intel build, I noticed the CPU doesn't seem to support 6000MHz DDR5 (I think the max support is 4800MHz(?).
Wow, thanks, didn't really notice this or came to my mind.
Guess will be going for DDR4 then.

Wow, thanks, didn't really notice this or came to my mind.
Guess will be going for DDR4 then
4800 Mt/s is out of the box supported speeds. It can go above that after enabling XMP in the motherboard BIOS. This is for all 12th and 13th gen CPUs.

For 1080p, games will be heavily CPU dependent, unless you play on ultra settings. So there's really no need for a 1440p GPU like the RX 6700 XT.
This is what I'd suggest - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/0a0507b2-af10-4835-9948-d86791d690e3
The RX 6700 is the best value GPU rn imo, with 10 GB VRAM. It sits perfectly between the RX 6650 XT and 6700 XT, so its good for 1440p as well.
AM5 has good future CPU support as well, so all you'll need to do is pop out the 7600 for a new one if you want to upgrade.

4800 Mt/s is out of the box supported speeds. It can go above that after enabling XMP in the motherboard BIOS. This is for all 12th and 13th gen CPUs.

For 1080p, games will be heavily CPU dependent, unless you play on ultra settings. So there's really no need for a 1440p GPU like the RX 6700 XT.
This is what I'd suggest - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/0a0507b2-af10-4835-9948-d86791d690e3
The RX 6700 is the best value GPU rn imo, with 10 GB VRAM. It sits perfectly between the RX 6650 XT and 6700 XT, so its good for 1440p as well.
AM5 has good future CPU support as well, so all you'll need to do is pop out the 7600 for a new one if you want to upgrade.
hmm, that is some food for though. Will give it a thought.

Wifi is a must
Didn't know this. The reason why I suggested different motherboards was that the one you've selected has a poor VRM design. Although you mentioned you wouldn't be overclocking, it's not something I'd overlook. I'd still suggest prioritizing VRM capabilities and using a dedicated PCIe adapter for WiFi & Bluetooth.

Guess will be going for DDR4 then.
As I said, I don't know what the max supported frequency is. But, don't see how this is a reason to go for DDR4. You can still choose a RAM module that suits better.

Wait, just checked the RAM module's specs page. The 6000MHz inthe title actually seems to be 6000MTs.
This is for all 12th and 13th gen CPUs.
So, if this is true, you should be able to get it running at 6000MTs. Sorry about the confusion.

IMO go with i5 12400 + 6700XT even if you are playing at 1080p now. You have the budget, so get the best possible GPU for years to come. 6700XT is surely a 1440p GPU now, but since you aren't into productivity tasks, a better CPU with GPU inferior to 6700XT won't help you at all. I'm referring to 12400 with iGPU, will cost a few thousand extra, so build will be closer to 95k.

DDR5 RAM might help a bit in CPU bound games, but usually not a big impact in a mid range PC. But since prices are down, 11k for 32GB 6000MHz CL36 RAM is not a bad deal. You will be spending 3-5k extra for DDR5, but in certain games you might get 5% of more fps boost in future. So not a bad deal.

If I have to choose between 12400 with iGPU & DDR5 due to budget restrictions, I will choose 12400.

I bought 12400 myself last year to have an iGPU for backup. My GPU is 3070 & I play at 1440p (6700XT cost more than 3070 back then).

Thank you for the suggestion.
Wifi is a must for me coz i don't have direct cable access from router. The MB i selected has wifi6 and bluetooth 5.3.
MSI B550M Pro-VDH WiFi has wifi ac and b4.3. Any reason this could be better?

I hope you have a Wifi6/AX router too. Otherwise, it's no good and both mobos will connect to the AC band and perform similarly.

Ended up buying this. Saved 10k thanks to flipkart.
Planning to assemble this weekend.

ProductQuantityPrice
AMD Ryzen 5 5600
1​
₹ 13,275​
ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac (Wi-Fi) Motherboard
1​
₹ 11,203​
ASRock AMD Radeon RX6700XT PGD 12 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card
1​
₹ 23,749​
Fractal Design Focus 2 RGB White
1​
₹ 6,885​
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (8GBx1) 3200MHz DDR4
1​
₹ 3,678​
Crucial 1TB P3 NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2 Internal SSD
1​
₹ 4,899​
Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 S2 ARGB Fan
1​
₹ 600​
Deepcool AK400 CPU Air Cooler
1​
₹ 2,510​
Cooler Master MF120 S2 ARGB Case Fan
2​
₹ 1,140​
Corsair CX-M Series, CX750M
1​
₹ 6,499​
LG 24Gn650 Ultragear
1​
₹ 13,049​
Adata XPG Summoner Cherry MX RGB Red Switches
1​
₹ 3,749​
Total
₹ 91,236​

Why only 8 GB RAM? It will be a bottleneck in such a powerful PC. 16 GB dual channel is the bare minimum you should get these days.

Ended up buying this. Saved 10k thanks to flipkart.
Planning to assemble this weekend.

ProductQuantityPrice
AMD Ryzen 5 5600
1​
₹ 13,275​
ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac (Wi-Fi) Motherboard
1​
₹ 11,203​
ASRock AMD Radeon RX6700XT PGD 12 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card
1​
₹ 23,749​
Fractal Design Focus 2 RGB White
1​
₹ 6,885​
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (8GBx1) 3200MHz DDR4
1​
₹ 3,678​
Crucial 1TB P3 NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2 Internal SSD
1​
₹ 4,899​
Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 S2 ARGB Fan
1​
₹ 600​
Deepcool AK400 CPU Air Cooler
1​
₹ 2,510​
Cooler Master MF120 S2 ARGB Case Fan
2​
₹ 1,140​
Corsair CX-M Series, CX750M
1​
₹ 6,499​
LG 24Gn650 Ultragear
1​
₹ 13,049​
Adata XPG Summoner Cherry MX RGB Red Switches
1​
₹ 3,749​
Total
₹ 91,236​
RX 6700 XT for 23k is insane, who's the seller? Also, you really should pick up another 8GB ram stick, 16GB is the bare minimum for gaming these days.

Why only 8 GB RAM? It will be a bottleneck in such a powerful PC. 16 GB dual channel is the bare minimum you should get these days.
RX 6700 XT for 23k is insane, who's the seller? Also, you really should pick up another 8GB ram stick, 16GB is the bare minimum for gaming these days.
Yea, its 16gb RAM, didn't update quantity column properly.

I got 6700 XT from flipkart.

Back