Budget 21-30k Need advice on a motherboard and graphics card choice

cyberwar

Disciple
I am building a reasonably cheap PC. The PC is mainly going to be used for watching movies(20%), running software like Catia, android emulators, video editing etc(50%), running decent games(30%).

I already have a Intel pentium dual core G630. Please help me decide on the motherboard and graphics card.

Motherboard: Intel DH67CLB3 or Intel DH67GDB3 or Intel DH77EB
Graphics card: Saphire Radeon HD6670 or Sparkle NVidia Geforce GT520

Above are the motherboards and graphics card i had decided upon. Please advice. Thanks in advance

For motherboard you can go for-
Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6k OR Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H-3.2k
GPU-Sapphire HD6670-5.2k OR HD5670-4.5k is what you'd get.
Hope this helps.:)

Thanks Jakob, Havoknation.
I will go for Saphire HD6670. Along with Windows 7, i plan to install XP and linux! Would this graphics card work with these? I am still inclined to XP!

Also on the motherboard part, can you please let me know what difference would B75, H67, H61, H77 would make? TIA

Also on the motherboard part, can you please let me know what difference would B75, H67, H61, H77 would make? TIA

The differences are as follows --

The H67 and H61 chipsets are from the Sandy-Bridge era and fall under the Cougar-Point family of chipsets, they are fabricated on a ~32nm lithography process. The H- in the name denotes their usage as budget / mainstream class of motherboards that are meant to be used by users who are disinclined to over-clocking and whose main usage will focus around HD media, day-to-day applications and gaming.

The H77 is an updated chipset released along with Ivy-Bridge processors and falls under the Panther-Point chipset family. It is fabricated on a ~22nm lithography process and shares most of its features with its predecessor, the H67. Major differences are that the chipset now accepts RAM upto 1866MHz by default [no need to over-clock, feed more voltage] and the USB 3.0 controller is integrated into the chipset.

The B75 is Intel's latest fielding in the Business class motherboard series, it shares a lot in common with the H67 and H77 but adds certain business-centric technologies like VT-D and VTx into the mix [these must be supported by processor too].

So all in all this is how they stand --
H61 --> extreme budget motherboard for the Sandy-Bridger / Ivy-Bridge line of processors lacking current generation connectivity options like USB 3.0 and SATA III ports.
H67 / H77 --> mid-range class motherboards for the Sandy-Bridge / Ivy-Bridge line of processors mostly alike in features except those mentioned above. No support for over-clocking but full suite of connectors like USB 3.0 and SATA III.
B75 --> Panther-Points budget offering for Enterprise class solution, the B75 is geared to be at the heart of a business analysis machine OR corporate workstation and amalgamates a lot of functionality in itself. GIGABYTE retails a motherboard that is undercutting other chipsets and offers full functionality, lacking over-clocking but supports all modern standards like USB 3.0 and SATA III.

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!

Back