Graphic Cards Need advice on HTPC card for driving 40 incher at 1080p

gigy

Disciple
I am planning to add a graphics card , and have 5770 in mind for my htpc. is there a better option connsidering the pc will be running 6 hours daily and i need a graphics card with good power management option. have a corsair 400w psu. the card should be able to do the max possible audio decodings as well.

primarily intended for HD movies but gaming can be limited to card capability. primary limitation is psu must support it. no budget limitations. will be pairing with a denon 1910 AVR mostly

Thanks for the suggestion,
wanted to confirm if there is a better buy having better audio capability. i assume i will not have to buy a audio card since this will do the audio prcessing and route the signal to hdmi.

Not trying to disuade you, but the 4850( if that is what it is) that you have listed in your sig should well equiped to handle 1080p movies and gaming at around 1650x1050, i get very good fps with mine in crsysis warhead @ that resolution with gamer settings.

If you are upgrading from something lower then what sabby says is pefectly applicable.

Finally got a nice deal on sapphire 5770. Operating system changed to win 7 ultimate and its rocking at first boot itself.

Back