Budget 51-70k Need advice on multimedia and occasional gaming laptop

Thanks! have removed the third one from the option.

How is NVidia MX250 laptop gpu? there is a laptop with 14" inch screen and have got a dedicated mx250 gpu.

how is acer as a laptop brand? Acer nitro i5 10th gen series, especially compared to Lenovo and Asus?

"The Nvidia GeForce MX250 is a dedicated entry-level mobile graphics card for laptops. It is based on the same Pascal GP108 chip as the predecessor, the GeForce MX150 / desktop GeForce GT 1030 but features increased clock speeds. As with the MX150, the MX250 is available in two versions, the normal 25 Watt version (1D13 device ID) and a low power version with 10 Watt TDP (1D25 device ID) and reduced performance (The MX150 with 10W had a 32% lower clock speed). The GDDR5 memory interface now also supports speeds up to 3.5 GHz = 7 GHz effective (up from 3 GHz)."

- Notebookcheck

You could read the whole article on the aforementioned website for detailed comparisons and benchmarks but generally, it is slightly faster (5-10%) than the GT1030=mx150 which makes it slightly faster than Ryzen 2500/3500U/3700U Vega 8/Vega 10 IGPU. The problem is it's near impossible to know beforehand the wattage of your version of the mx250 which will cause a 25-30% performance differential up or down (even in the 11th gen Intel Xe IPGU the difference between the 15W and 28/35W part is around 20-30%). Hence the article extract above. The higher wattage part is slightly faster than the best Vega IGPU on the 3000 series but the lower part will fall short ;
(I am Presuming this video benchmark uses the higher wattage part as I vaguely remember the lower scores of the 10W part from some time ago but I haven't checked). The video will also give you a good idea of the kind of frames you can expect from 8th gen titles. Generally speaking, it will suffice for relatively older titles but the most recent and demanding games will probably stutter even at the low settings (also anticipated titles like Cyberpunk). So I'd say fine for the outgoing generation but very poor to zero future-proofing.

- also useful.

(in case you buy this and it turns out to be the 10 watt part).

For this reason and depending on the kind of games you are looking to play I would recommend the first option to avoid all the hassle and potential nasty surprises. But if you want portability and will largely stick to say 8th Gen personal favorites and legacy titles like Skyrim or dragon age then the second may be the way to go.

In response to the Acer query, to my knowledge there are no problems with it but seeing as it is a 2.3 Kg machine if you are fine with that kind of weight, then I recommend, https://www.amazon.in/HP-Pavilion-1...dchild=1&keywords=4600h&qid=1604141273&sr=8-1

Your first option the Asus vivobook with the i5 10th Gen weighed in at 2.14 KG and I thought that is the reason you selected that machine. If you are looking for the eight reduction than the Vivobook will do fine, if you are now looking at alternatives like the heavier Acer I suggest you go with the Hp above. If you are going to spend 60k+ there is no reason to forego a 6 core Ryzen CPU.

Last edited:
These are not at all comparable to each other. It seems I have failed to get my point across in previous posts :(

These are not at all comparable to each other. It seems I have failed to get my point across in previous posts :(
Hehe please accept my apologies for confusing most of the experts here.

honestly I am very embarrassed at the same time having a laugh at how I have messed up things here.

i think I am really very confused as to what laptop I should get. I have been using a desktop since a decade and haven’t used a laptop. So, now when I am looking for one, I am really not sure what I should expect from it, so trying to get everything in a laptop(something of this something of that) in my budget!

Hehe please accept my apologies for confusing most of the experts here.

honestly I am very embarrassed at the same time having a laugh at how I have messed up things here.

i think I am really very confused as to what laptop I should get. I have been using a desktop since a decade and haven’t used a laptop. So, now when I am looking for one, I am really not sure what I should expect from it, so trying to get everything in a laptop(something of this something of that) in my budget!
Understandable. At this price-range especially, you will need to make a clear-cut decision between performance(H parts) and portability/efficiency(U parts). Take some time to decide and don't worry as the portable options are going to be sufficient for general-purpose use, while the performance options will still offer the portability of a regular laptop. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back