Budget 21-30k need advice on used gpus

30fps101

Disciple
building a secondary rig so looking for GPU, i found two deals on online.
  1. Galax 30601.5 year old for 18.5k retails for 32k
  2. Zotac 3060ti 2 year old for 21k retails for 38k
3060 seller has clear photos of gpu with serial number. this is my first time buying used gpus online so....

It's important to ask the seller about its history, especially if it was used for mining(if it was then i wouldn't recommend getting it). Before paying, i would recommend getting the info from running a stress test with a tool like 3DMark to check if the GPU overheats or not and also verify the GPU's BIOS with GPU-Z to make sure it's not modded. Also, listen for any physical issues like rattling or squeaking from the fan. Do your due diligence to avoid getting scammed.

Galax 3060 is at a reasonable price. 3060TI is overpriced by about 2k. You should do a stress test of the GPU as soon as you get it. If everything is not fine, you should return the GPU. Goes without saying, only deal in person and if doing interstate deals like in facebook groups, pay via admin only and make a video of unboxing and stress test before going go ahead to admin to pass on the payment

I dont think a used 3060ti at 21k is overpriced, used 6600XT goes for 18-19k online and it performs noticeably better than the 3060 which you say is going for 18.5k, so the 6600XT would make more sense to get but at 21k the 3060ti is the best price to performance wise.

Back