CPU/Mobo Need advice regarding CPU temperature.

harpreet89

Disciple
I've been noticing this thing for quite a while that the temperature of my system is quite high.:crash:
My system config is:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz (stock speed)
2 hard drives(WD 500+WD 160)
Asus P5B-TMX motherboard
ATI 4670HD 1GB
Stock Heat-sink (but its not like other Intel heat-sink..its a bit different as its HCL-Busybee,so its size is slightly larger than original Intel Heat-sink.)
So,my problem is that the temperature shoots upto around 76-80C in load and my second hard drive(WD 160) is as hot as a furnace:-[.
So,is there any way to reduce these temps.
And i think this might be due to the summer of Delhi:mad:...its too hot here...
Here is the screenshot of SpeedFan of my system with no-load state and in load state.

tempts.jpg

Am from chennai and here the temps are around 35-40C and my CPU and HDDs are at 35-45C at idle and at load go to max 50-55C, wait for others to post the troubleshootings tips...

harpreet89 said:
I've been noticing this thing for quite a while that the temperature of my system is quite high.:crash:

My system config is:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz (stock speed)

2 hard drives(WD 500+WD 160)

Asus P5B-TMX motherboard

ATI 4670HD 1GB

Stock Heat-sink (but its not like other Intel heat-sink..its a bit different as its HCL-Busybee,so its size is slightly larger than original Intel Heat-sink.)

So,my problem is that the temperature shoots upto around 76-80C in load and my second hard drive(WD 160) is as hot as a furnace:-[.

So,is there any way to reduce these temps.

And i think this might be due to the summer of Delhi:mad:...its too hot here...

Here is the screenshot of SpeedFan of my system with no-load state and in load state.

tempts.jpg
For reducing the CPU temperature you can find several CPU coolers.. such as Cooler Master hyper 212 plus..

For HDD temperature I am not really aware of many options.. I suppose that is something that the experts might comment on..

I face the same heat issues with my desktop (which is on 24h for downloads), I suggest the following remedies..

1) Change the cabinet, get a one which has lots of fans..

2) Open up the side panel to increase the air circulation..

3) Install a table fan right in front of the open side panel..

4) If there are 2 HDDs installed increase the space between them

5) Install a HDD monitor utility which shuts down the PC automatically once the HDD temperature crosses 55 degrees

Ist -> Use thermal paste and check if your heatsink is properly placed.

IInd -> as already suggested, use an after market cooler. (god bless Bangalore's whether :) )

@asingh..here are the screenshots of realtemp and coretemp..both in idle and load state,

I've done some remedy to reduce the system temperature.What i did was i cut a PVC pipe's piece and install it over the side panel so that it cover the heatsink fan so that it can take fresh air from outside.

And i turned upside down the heatsink fan so that it can throw fresh air onto the heatsink (previously,it was throwing away from the heatsink, i.e. outside).

The temps in pics are current after doing these steps. I think these steps have reduced temps by 5-10 degrees.

coretempm.jpg

coretemp2.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

adi_vastava said:
Ist -> Use thermal paste and check if your heatsink is properly placed.

IInd -> as already suggested, use an after market cooler. (god bless Bangalore's whether :) )

thanks for the help...

Will buy a thermal paste tomorrow and may be any extra fan for good airflow.

As far as CPU cooler is concerned, i spend all my money on the graphic card this month,so, i think i will wait for few months.. may be i'll buy a CM 690 II / Antec 900.

One more thing, i didn't want to spend much on my current system as there is very little scope for modification.(as its a branded PC, HCL, small cabinet-i think microATX )

Actually this week seems to be more hot and humid than the previous weeks.

Will post pic of my cabinet tomm..didn't have the cam ryt now.

Back