CPU/Mobo Need advice regarding motherboard upgrade. Reqirement : USB 3.0

Shahbaz Choudhary

Upgraded User
Disciple
My PC config is : core i5 2310, 1Tb HDD, 8 Gb RAM, MSI 7850, CM k380 Cabinet, Seasonic 520w PSU and Gigabyte H61 motherboard.
My cabinet has a front USB 3.0 port. Kindly suggest me a PCI card which I can install on this mobo to get USB3.0 ports and also utilize the Front USB 3.0 port of the cabinet. Is there any other way I can get USB 3.0 ports in my PC ??
Kindly suggest me whether i should buy a new motherboard or install a pci card ?? My budget is around Rs. 3-4k.

using a H61 mobo with a core i5 cpu is not a very good idea so better get a motherboard .. look for Asus P8B75M-LX but due to recent price hike you need to spend ~4.5k on that. As for USB 3.0 card you can get Transcend USB 3.0 Express Card : TS-PDU3 with two extrenal USb 3.0 ports only at 1.1k

using a H61 mobo with a core i5 cpu is not a very good idea so better get a motherboard .. look for Asus P8B75M-LX but due to recent price hike you need to spend ~4.5k on that. As for USB 3.0 card you can get Transcend USB 3.0 Express Card : TS-PDU3 with two extrenal USb 3.0 ports only at 1.1k
I think the OP wants a PCI Card with internal headers also(to use the front USB3.0 port of his cabby... which the TS-PDU3 doesn't have...

@Shahbaz Choudhary you can refer to this thread or this one for more info...

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm lookin forward to buy the trancend Express card for USB3.0.
Should I upgrade my Motherboard instead?? Does the H61 mobo Choke the performance of my PC ?? All i want is a decent gaming performance.

ts-pdu3 has no i/0 header so you won't be able to use cabinet's usb 3 port on the other hand though a h61 may not choke the performance of i5 it's vrm is more suitable for i3 cpus so for i5 cpu b75 is much better and youvwill get all the usb3 ports you need.

Back