CPU/Mobo Need advise about temps of unloked 555 be

tajendra

Disciple
HY All,

Got my 555be two days back, it Unlocked with no problem what so ever :cool2:

wait, except temps, here are temps with two and four cores

View attachment 10471

View attachment 10472

although i ran prime95 only for 25~30 min in each test, it showed no error.

Four core image is when i ran it at 2.8 Ghz, at 3.2 Ghz temps went upto 72'C.

Please advise are these 4 core temps ok.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 59
  • Capture4.jpg
    Capture4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 51
1.36v is way too much for a quad at 3.2Ghz.

1.21-1.24v should be decent enough. Or at worst, 1.3v

monkee said:
1.36v is way too much for a quad at 3.2Ghz.

1.21-1.24v should be decent enough. Or at worst, 1.3v

should i reduce the Vcore?

its automated i hv not tuched vcore as of now!!

will it be stable at that vcore?

Yeah, you should reduce it. Its a C3 stepping processor. The x4 965BE can run at 1.21v at 3.2Ghz with a C2 stepping. I dont see why you shouldn't be able to.

^^Way to high for stock, even if its unlocked. Make sure the HSF is in proper contact with the processor and reapply a good TIM for better results.

Make sure the cables are not hovering over the vents, try and do some cable management and clean the cabby.

Dark Star said:
^^Way to high for stock, even if its unlocked. Make sure the HSF is in proper contact with the processor and reapply a good TIM for better results.

Make sure the cables are not hovering over the vents, try and do some cable management and clean the cabby.
its cpu temp ... previously it was 52-53 ..... do i need to have new cooler

my system temp remain close to 43

67kugg.png

hy guys,

First of all cheers to TE for giving the site new look, its realy cooolllll!!!:clap:

Now back to temps,

i am able to reduce my vcore to 1.248v. and now temps are just tuching 62~63 when running prime95 as opposed to 72'c at 1.378v.

now the funny part,

i was realy lucky that in AMD overdrive at my first attempt i exactly reduced it to 1.248 and it worked fine, anything aboue or below this gives BSOD???:S

i am realy confused that how it is possible, if i raise it to 1.25 ~ BSOD, however cpu is running fine at 1.378 and 1.365 below this again BSOD until 1.248.

PLz advise what could be the reason for this as i am new to vcore voltage thing,

i want to further reduce the vcore so as to reduce temps further, plz tell is there any harmful effect of bsods and reduced vcore on system and cpu? because to reduce vcore im sure i will encounter some more!!

thanx a lot:hap2:

Back