Budget 31-40k Need advise buying laptops for office people

Hi Experts,

I need advise on buying laptops for my office people. Work is mainly documentation, emailing and accounts (tally). Will prefer genuine windows and office packaged. Need cost effective, low maintenance and durable devices as some people have very rough handling. Also we have a somewhat dusty environment owing to nature of our work, ours is not a sealed, air conditioned office.
We can also consider all in one PCs

I will appreciate any guidance.
Thanks in advance

Rectifying my stupid question,
Here’s an answer,

Try going for this model or a model with the Ryzen 5300u in accordance the budget you have. The laptop sells like hot cakes because of its attractive price point and good feature set.

Last edited:
Hi Experts,

I need advise on buying laptops for my office people. Work is mainly documentation, emailing and accounts (tally). Will prefer genuine windows and office packaged. Need cost effective, low maintenance and durable devices as some people have very rough handling. Also we have a somewhat dusty environment owing to nature of our work, ours is not a sealed, air conditioned office.

I will appreciate any guidance.
Thanks in advance

Windows license, you should get with laptop. For Office 365 you need to buy it separately.

Windows license, you should get with laptop. For Office 365 you need to buy it separately.
There are quite a few laptops these days which come with Office Home & Student edition license. I suppose the feature set should be enough for regular users. I have not seen many people exploit the advanced features that are unavailable in H&S. It does not come with Outlook though.

@vineetsynergy since Office 365 is a subscription based model, you will not get it with any laptop. If H&S works for you, then look for those. Otherwise get a 365 subscription. It doesn't cost much these days.

As your's is a commercial purpose, I don't think so, you can use Home&Student version of Office. Do check license wordings before deploying it

Now a days, with new laptops, you get Windows, but again, you might need Professional or Enterprise editions, but again, laptops also come with Linux or No OS options.
Doesn't Linux not sufficient for you ? Also, there are office alternatives which are free like LibreOffice/WPS and they are compatible with MS products.

Opt for business grade laptops like Dell Vostro/Thinkpad E series, can take some rough handling

There are quite a few laptops these days which come with Office Home & Student edition license. I suppose the feature set should be enough for regular users. I have not seen many people exploit the advanced features that are unavailable in H&S. It does not come with Outlook though.

@vineetsynergy since Office 365 is a subscription based model, you will not get it with any laptop. If H&S works for you, then look for those. Otherwise get a 365 subscription. It doesn't cost much these days.
I don't think the Home and Student edition has any administration, which is a must in business.

Hi Vineet,
I would suggest you go for Intel i3 11th Gen (or 10th Gen), 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD (or 512GB SSD), Windows 10 with MS Office. My preferred laptop brand would be HP as it is durable and has good customer support. The model HP 15s-DU1066TU is good to go. Thanks.

Back