Car & Bike Need Advise - RTO formalities to transfer bike to Bangalore

rad0

Adept
I have a 2 year old HH Hunk, back home.

Now that i have shifted to Bangalore, i need to get my bike here :)

I have got the following documents:

1. NOC from local RTO , where the bike was originally registered.

2. Taxation Certificate, stating the amount of tax paid.

3. The Bike registration Card.

4. Insurance Papers.

5. Emission Certificate.

I would prefer K.R Puram/Indiranagar RTO as they are in easy reach

Now i need advise from any kind heart who would have done such Inter state transfers.

I have arranged the above documents , following the RTO Karnataka Website.

Noting of change of address in respect vehicles migrating from other states.
Application & Documents to be produced :

1. Form no. CMV 33 available at the enquiry counter.

2. Form no. CMV 33 in triplicate if vehicle is covered by hypothecation/HPA/lease agreement and consent of the financier shall be furnished on the application.

3. Form no. CMV 27 in triplicate if vehicle is covered by hypothecation/HPA/lease agreement and consent of the financier shall be furnished on the application.

4. Form no. KMV 27.

5. Three passport size photographs.

6. Registration Certificate, valid insurance, emission Certificate, Fitness certificate in case of transport vehicle, Tax card with upto-date tax paid proof.

7. Address proof as per rule 4 of CMV rules

8. No objection Certificate in duplicate (if issued by previous registering authority in form no. CMV 28).

Fees :

1. Fees Rs. 20/- (to be paid at RTO cash counter) if the application is within 30 days from the date of change of residence.

2. Rs. 100/- (to be paid at RTO cash counter) as compounding fee in case of belated application.

Procedure :

Application with the above documents & fee paid challans be submitted at Registration Section.

The vehicle shall be produced for inspection.

Delivery of Documents :

The documents will be delivered after noting change of address next day between 4:30pm and 5:30 pm.

REFER SEC 49 READ WITH RULE 59 CMVR

Documents required:

1. Registration Certificate (original), valid insurance, emission Certificate, fitness certificate in case of transport vehicle, Tax card if obtained, and Address proof .

2. Address proof in original as per rule 4 of CMV rules to be produced for verification

3. Forms: Form no 27 cmv, 33 cmv, 27 kmv to be filled and signed

4. Form 33 to be filed in duplicate if covered by HPA/Lease agreement.

5. No objection Certificate in form 28 issued by the previous registering authority.

6. One passport size photograph to be affixed on form 27 cmv

7. Produce NOC from financier if MV covered by HPA/Lease agreement.

Fees :

Rs 20/- if the application is within 30 days from the date of change of residence

Rs 100/ as compounding fee in case of belated application

Tax and fees payable can be got assessed and paid at cash counter.

If Tax amount is more than Rs 3500/- demand draft in favour of “Regional Transport officer..” to be produced.

Procedure :

1. Registered owner should appear in person.

2. Vehicle should be produced for inspection

3. Produce all the documents noted above along with the challans before the superintendent for verification who in turn refers the papers for inspection.

4. After inspection of the Motor Vehicle by the IMV, submit all the papers at the inward counter and obtain acknowledgement.

REFER SECTION 49 OF MOTOR VEHICLES ACT READ WITH RULE 59 CENTRAL MOTOR VEHICLES RULES, 1989.

I suppose many people would have done such transfers,can any body share their experience :)

Can i expect a fair procedure or do the RTO chaps behave like other 'Sarkari Babus' and force me to visit them half a dozen times ;)

Any Kinda inputs appreciated:D

well i did once long ago but then i didn't do any thing . i just paid money to agent and after 4 days i got my RC at my home :p

i paid around 3200 actual amount of RTO was around 2500 :/ got to know later for my scooter from UP to Delhi . well at end i got my scooter registered that's main thing without visiting or standing in line :p

Back