CPU/Mobo need advise

Hi,

I am planning to get assemble a pc for myself. budget arnd 30k. i was thnkng of a E8400+Intel DP45SG combo, 500 GB sata seagate, 20" TFT, 4GB DDR3 .....

any suggestions for a better cpu+mobo combo, graphics card etc? purpose of the pc wud b mainly movies n games...

thnx in advance!!

Amd 550be 5.5k
biostar 790gxb 4.5k
corsair ram 2gb*2 3k
wd500gb hdd 2.7k
hd 4850 7k
cooler master elite 335 2.2k
corsair cx400w 3.2k
samsung 2033 7.2k
total around 35k

Proccy: AMD Phenom II 550BE - 5.3k
Mobo: Biostar 780GE - 3.2k
Transcend 2*2GB 800 DDRII - 3k
HDD: WD500GB - 2.7k
GPU: Sapphire HD 4850 512MB DDR3 - 6.7k
Cabby: Zebronics Bijili(w/o SMPS) - 1.2k
PSU: Gigabyte Superb 460w - 2.2k
Monitor: Samsung 2033 - 7.3k
keyboard+Mouse : 0.7k
Speakers : Altec Lansing BXR1121 - 1.2k
This configuration will cost you 33-34k approx. The Intel LGA775 socket is EOL. So its better to go with the AMD config for future upgradability. If you are on a very strict budget then cut on 2GB of RAM. It wont affect much of the performance .No mention about whether you already have speakers. If you dont need one then the system will cost you only 30.5k approx. :)

Hi,

Thnx for ur replies... i was actually keen on a Intel system.... as i have in the past had problems with AMD sys.... is it better to take intel extreme series or media series mobo for gaming.. n what are the gigab or asus mobos that are equivalent of DP45SG??

Phenom II is a great architecture and you wont regret buying. Just because their previous products overheat everything should overheat. The phenomII 550BE+780G/785G/790G is the way to go.

black_lightning said:
Hi,

Thnx for ur replies... i was actually keen on a Intel system.... as i have in the past had problems with AMD sys.... is it better to take intel extreme series or media series mobo for gaming.. n what are the gigab or asus mobos that are equivalent of DP45SG??

OFT - I have seen friends of mine also have that same thinking that AMD = HEAT

And to be honest,no matter what clarification you give them,they just won't understand and the only mantra they speak is "Intel kya system hai"

I mean like,I had 2 previous Intel systems and now iam on a AMD system for quiet a while and i feel its performance is much better than Intel in some sectors and NO HEAT PROBLEMS

ONT - The last i heard from my dealer that AMD has stopped manufacturing Phenom II X2 550BE,config suggested by karthik is nice

Maybe opting for a Seagate 500GB SATA @ 2.6k is a better vfm then WD

Back