Need an Android Phone within 14k!

Internet Usage will be much. Neat music playback.
Want to root it and as for the durability I have considered Defy but no 2.3 upgrade. Is it still worth the buy? Would it make much difference if not 2.3?
I'm more concerned about the performance though!

Go for defy, If you are okay with smaller(Comparatively) 3.7" screen.

Defy

+ More roms(since you are going to root it, CM7,Compact

- so so camera, The earpiece in my defy was bad(maybe one off experience)

Galaxy I9003

+ Bigger screen (since browsing is your main concern),Better resale value in general being a samsung, Better camera?

- less ROMS

It should be available on ebay or flipkart.

Here some phones you might wanna checkout- Wildfire S,chacha and salsa from HTC, Huawei IdeosU8800 X5 with 8mp camera, Motorola Fire XT and Sony Xperia mini and mini pro. Except Huawei Ideos all are android 2.3.

Defy is good in performance only (if u experiment,root & install more efficient roms), but camera & also loudspeaker audio is Bad for defy.if u want to have a more all rounder experience on a android, ...look to buy something else,particularly in sony or samsung,additionally as aka911 has said,it will fetch u better resale value!

Even I was researching for a phone in the similar range awhile back, finally I settled for Samsung Galaxy Ace. And I can vouch for it, the phone is wonderful. I asked the dealer to replace the 2 GB card that came along with an 8 GB card. I paid 13k for the entire package.

But then again, there are many options that you have. You can choose one depending on your needs. I was keen to have a droid with at least 3.5" screen, a camera with flash and a minimum of battery of 1350 mAh. Android 2.3 is much better at conserving battery than the previous versions. So Gingerbread was a must have for me, and all newly shipped Samsung phones have 2.3.4 installed.

But then again, the choice is all yours!

iaudio said:
The Fire XT seems to be the only phone below 15k with front cam for video calls. Correct me if I am wrong!

(In order of most preferred phones:)

- Spice Mi410 @ 14k

- Motorola Fire XT @ 14k

- Spice Mi350 @ 8.5k

- Micromax Andro A70 @ 7.5k

all these have front-cams. But I would go for the Spice Mi410, for it has a CM7.1 port cooking up for it. And plus, the big WVGA screen, and powerful hardware(for the price).

Ace is not even a match for defy in each aspect except after sales service.

Neo V is the only one better than defy in similar range, but still around 2k more. good screen quality, pocketable size awesome performance if you root it. its even stable while overclocking to 1.2 GHZ. cam quality is not good, so is stock earpiece. ph loudspeaker is ok. but it has so many features that will blow you out. + it has great XDA support. even after these many days, they are still discovering new locked features in defy.

Back