Need an i5 Rig!

swapnil0545

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor - Dell 2409

and other accessories

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Monitor - Dell 2409

and other accessories

(except the whole cabinet(Dabba) including everything in it)

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

1.the whole cabinet(Dabba) including everything in it

CPU - Intel 2nd Gen i5 2400

Motherboard - any compatible motherboard(I hate Intel and I love Gigabyte)

GPU - GTX300

(please mention the rest in above format)

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai,Navi Mumbai

Open to online purchase-NO

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

Desktop Processing

HTPC

Download rig, 24x7 operation

Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

1.Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic.

2.I love Gigabyte,Coolermaster,NZXT :p,Samsung

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

All new games

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

I dont have any idea.

I have 21'LED LCD

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit,XP wateva

After this template I will like to add that,

Please make an i5 rig ... decent for gaming and try to get me a good colourful(different kinda) Cabby :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

A few things I sorted out... from ITwares and Prime

1.SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply - 3500/-

2.CORSAIR XMS3 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 - 1650/-

3.Sapphire HD 6670 1GB DDR5 - 5500/

4.Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3... Rs.10,900.00/-

5.Good motherboard with usb 3 slot :|

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 Rs.7,350.00/-

4 and 5 are overpriced. I got the i5 2500 for 10.5K (shipped) via SMC in April. So you should look for a better deal. Not too sure about Mobo either. Says 1156 on Gigabyte's site.

Sapphire HD 6670 1GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphic Card - HD6670 Warr 3 ~5k from dvdstoredelhi(TE registered dealer)

@quixand -> The price of Intel processors has increased as Rupee has rapidly depreciated against the dollar in the last month or so. Most of the H/W prices has shot up by ~5%-10%

@OP - You need a LGA1155 socket mobo for a SB processor. ie., H61, H67, P67 or Z68 based chipset. It wont work with a H55 mobo.

I would also suggest the Intel DH67BL-B3 ~ 5.2k. It has 4 RAM slots and also USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps ports. Only -ve is that it is not a all solid caps mobo.

Back