Camera Need an inexpensive P&S Camera

Overdrive413

Disciple
Hello All,

I was using a Samsung ES15 Camera since the past 3+ yrs and yesterday was stolen from my room yesterday...
cry.gif

I am now looking for an inexpensive P&S to replace that. I was going through this forum and find that Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS5 (Rs. 4800 on Flipkart) is the best in the <5k budget cameras.

I do not want to spend more since I've been toying the Idea of learning a little about photography and buying a DSLR. Now whether that happens or not, I've decided to stick to this budget. My Samsung was giving me good pictures with loss of clarity/noise visible only in pics clicked in low light. I am planning to make this purchase by the end of this week, since I've planned for a trip to Coorg this weekend. So, hopefully would buy it by Saturday Morning.

Thank you very much Neo-N. I am assuming this is the best deal and I can't be more greedy. Net connection in my room isn't too reliable. Will book it once I am at office tonight.

Also, where can I get a discount coupon? I tried using some of the ones that ebay keeps sending mails about but they didn't work. I tried using two of the ICICI Card related coupons, but got a message that those coupons are already used.

Just Ordered it, had a 10% off Coupon from ebay (Max. 350 off). So, ordered it for a final price of Rs. 3,300 with 4Gb Memory Card, Battery-Charger and Pouch added.

i am using it from past 6 months. a very decent performer. the ONLY drawback is while recording video we can't use zoom option.

Got a call from ebay today. I had ordered the black colored one, but they didn't have it in stock and wanted to know if I'd like the silver one. Declined their offer. Waiting to see when they'd be able to deliver the black one.

I think you should have taken the Silver one. They might cancel the order citing unavailability of stocks. Then you lose a good deal plus you also lose the coupon.
<

Back