Need an inverter and battery.

@rdst_1 Is the 80% subsidy a central government or state government .
It's specifically for borewell use where they give you a solar pump(I am assuming DC pump) , a controller to run that pump directly from solar energy and panels. The one I will be getting subsidy under is known as PM-KUSUM yojna. I think it has both centre and state components.

@rdst_1 Is the 80% subsidy a central government or state government .
State govt and central govt both pays for subsidy.in himachal it is 80% while in Haryana it is 90% subsidy.total cost of 5kv solar system is 438000.
Govt of India provides 162000
State govt provides 232200
User have to pay 43800 10% only.it is old data from 2016,17.govt have changed its name.now it is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM Kusum) Yojana.
there are 7.5kv and 10kv system also i am sure of it as i was allotted 7,5kv solar system but i cant find it on net related to 10kv solar scheme for water pump. In punjab it is 60% only.this is drawback
of having other party govt at center. how the hell a 1kv cost cost 3200rs in himachal and same 1kv 8760rs in Haryana. i think @rdst_1 is mistaken completely it can be 90% subsidy not 80%.
you cant get a 5kv solar system with motor at price of 1.60L anywhere its too low. while in haryana it is costing 4.38L for same solar system,these are older price now price have increased.i was
asked to pay 84500rs for 7.5kv solar system.

State govt and central govt both pays for subsidy.in himachal it is 80% while in Haryana it is 90% subsidy.total cost of 5kv solar system is 438000.
Govt of India provides 162000
State govt provides 232200
User have to pay 43800 10% only.it is old data from 2016,17.govt have changed its name.now it is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM Kusum) Yojana.
there are 7.5kv and 10kv system also i am sure of it as i was allotted 7,5kv solar system but i cant find it on net related to 10kv solar scheme for water pump. In punjab it is 60% only.this is drawback
of having other party govt at center. how the hell a 1kv cost cost 3200rs in himachal and same 1kv 8760rs in Haryana. i think @rdst_1 is mistaken completely it can be 90% subsidy not 80%.
you cant get a 5kv solar system with motor at price of 1.60L anywhere its too low. while in haryana it is costing 4.38L for same solar system,these are older price now price have increased.i was
asked to pay 84500rs for 7.5kv solar system.
Maybe. I was told 32k by JE. I will get full details only when I apply next year. I have been asking my Mamaji in Haryana to get this installed because it will solve his electricity issues as well, but it won't work for him because he already has a 22.5HP pump and the upper limit under this scheme is much lower. Instead, he got a transformer installed near his farm and that helped, but a big solar installation should be better and help a lot during the day, as they do get proper uninterrupted electricity supply during the night.

Last edited:
It's specifically for borewell use where they give you a solar pump(I am assuming DC pump) , a controller to run that pump directly from solar energy and panels. The one I will be getting subsidy under is known as PM-KUSUM yojna. I think it has both centre and state components.
It says. Under this Component, individual farmers will be supported to install standalone solar Agriculture pumps of capacity up to 7.5 HP for replacement of existing diesel Agriculture pumps / irrigation systems in off-grid areas, where grid supply is not available

It says. Under this Component, individual farmers will be supported to install standalone solar Agriculture pumps of capacity up to 7.5 HP for replacement of existing diesel Agriculture pumps / irrigation systems in off-grid areas, where grid supply is not available
Will be supported means will the banks give loans or allowances to buy such equipments or what?
Please provide links as to where to buy or acquire such solar inverters.

When it comes to actual implementation, things can be different in India. And that last line doesn't make much sense. If a place is so far away or backward that they don't have electricity, then it is very hard that they will also have a borewell. And funnily enough, the subsidy to get a borewell dug is not part of this scheme and it is a separate scheme which is different for different states. So even if they intended the scheme to be only for off-grid areas, they would have had a hard time finding such actual beneficiaries and in the end they would have opened the scheme for all including retrofitting.

Most subsidy supplies are over priced . The farmer also pays GST . If we take out the inflated price ,gst real cost of the product is much below 50% in most cases

Most subsidy supplies are over priced . The farmer also pays GST . If we take out the inflated price ,gst real cost of the product is much below 50% in most cases
Yes this is definitely true. But if the govt is giving 80-90% subsidy, it still works out better. I just bought 800m HDPE pipe through govt scheme and it would have cost me around 64k if I bought directly from manufacturer. The govt scheme showed the pricing at around 1L for the same, so because of subsidy I got them by paying just 20k. So it is still much better. I don't look at schemes where subsidy is 50% or less unless it is an interest subvention scheme.

Yes this is definitely true. But if the govt is giving 80-90% subsidy, it still works out better. I just bought 800m HDPE pipe through govt scheme and it would have cost me around 64k if I bought directly from manufacturer. The govt scheme showed the pricing at around 1L for the same, so because of subsidy I got them by paying just 20k. So it is still much better. I don't look at schemes where subsidy is 50% or less unless it is an interest subvention scheme.
Scheme have changed now.accordind to new scheme 30% will be given as loan not subsidy.you have to pay back with interest and 10% you pay upfront.now subsidy is 60% only in all states.
it costs 85,86 rs per watt 4 time the actual price of panel that is around 21,22rs per watt.Only contractor is at benefit now.selling his panels at 4x price.now no one will take at this price and scheme will
remain open in govt papers only and no one can blame govt for closing a good scheme where many farmers have benefited in past.

Scheme have changed now.accordind to new scheme 30% will be given as loan not subsidy.you have to pay back with interest and 10% you pay upfront.now subsidy is 60% only in all states.
it costs 85,86 rs per watt 4 time the actual price of panel that is around 21,22rs per watt.Only contractor is at benefit now.selling his panels at 4x price.now no one will take at this price and scheme will
remain open in govt papers only and no one can blame govt for closing a good scheme where many farmers have benefited in past.
In 2019 at a solar expo in bangalore the price of mono panel was Rs19 to 21 depending on the brand and I was only interested in mono panels. Poly was Rs .5 to Rs 1 cheaper. Its been 2 years now and price would have dropped. In 2018 the price of mono was Rs21 to 25. In 2015 it was above Rs40 in 2014 it was 55.

But at some point it will stop and remain stagnant since the cost of aluminium and glass is increasing. Cost of raw materials like aluminium itself cost Rs 1500 per panel

The contractor MNRE approved vendors etc all increase the cost substantially that it makes subsidy useless atleast for residential application.

In 2019 at a solar expo in bangalore the price of mono panel was Rs19 to 21 depending on the brand and I was only interested in mono panels. Poly was Rs .5 to Rs 1 cheaper. Its been 2 years now and price would have dropped.
Probably no. I have been tracking solar panels prices from industrybuying. You could get 330W panel for around 8.5-9k in 2019. Today it's .5 to 1k higher. I think it's due to restrictions on solar imports and adani capturing the market.

Probably no. I have been tracking solar panels prices from industrybuying. You could get 330W panel for around 8.5-9k in 2019. Today it's .5 to 1k higher. I think it's due to restrictions on solar imports and adani capturing the market.
Prices are always higher at industrybuying.At one point price of mono panel fell as low as 17rs per watt in whole sale market tata panel was 1rs expensive then other mid quality panels.Restruction on
import was mainly due to china dumping it solar wastes in India now its adani.

Restruction on import was mainly due to china dumping it solar wastes in India now its adani.
Yes. I understand that prices are higher on industrybuying but I'm using it to track market trends only. So have the panel prices gone down or up in local market?

The price I am saying is whole sale prices of manufactures in Bangalore. My former neigbour in my street is the owner of the large solar company( so i can atleast get prices at wholesale rate if I pull a few strings may be even lower). Adani prices are about the same as bangalore manufactures. Infact except panasonic and LG panels most of the prices are within Rs1 to Rs 2 of each other.
Prices are always higher at industrybuying.At one point price of mono panel fell as low as 17rs per watt in whole sale market tata panel was 1rs expensive then other mid quality panels.Restruction on
import was mainly due to china dumping it solar wastes in India now its adani.
Yes no name panel or newbee manufactures have even lower prices. I think a mono was 17 in 2019 for such manufactures. I only consider prices of reputed manufactures, which are Rs1 to 3 more and only look at panel makers who use cells which have guranteed watt rating, I forget the term but basically they will exceed their watts rating at test conditions, basically they are 3% under rated.

Last edited:
Yes. I understand that prices are higher on industrybuying but I'm using it to track market trends only. So have the panel prices gone down or up in local market?
Every thing have hiked not just solar panels.Now india is at 101 place out of 160 on starvation index even nepal and pakistan are in better position then us.solar panels are around 20,22rs now days

How many hours back up you need and how often are the power cuts.
2 hrs is fine. 3 hrs is good.
Yes no name panel or newbee manufactures have even lower prices.
Don't buy no-name batteries. One of the reasons I asked about the branding here is because we've owned multiple batteries and inverters over the years. They are a hit or a miss. One of our old cheap petrol generators lasted us years while others don't. Also where I live it takes only a few hours to get Chinese products especially electronics and other electrical appliances. Don't need to pay any tax either if its only for personal use or few quantities. But I'd rather spend more on a reliable unit, pay the tax and own it.

Last edited:
is it ok to purchase inverter and batteries online, considering the weight and transport issues, or should i go offline, online prices are less comparing
local shops

is it ok to purchase inverter and batteries online, considering the weight and transport issues, or should i go offline, online prices are less comparing
local shops
Better avoid online route atleast for batteries. If the seller is located in your town/city it should be ok. There are many instances of rough handling, leakages etc when purchased online.

There are a few portals who are exclusively dealing with batteries, inverters. For example https://www.batterybhai.com/
They usually tie up with local distributors. When purchased on the portal, they will connect you to local near by distributor. The price will still be lesser than what they usually charge in store. I usually take this price, and ask the store keeper to match the price or bring it close. This way I can inspect the battery before getting it delivered. The manufactured date, and the way it is stored is important for battery life.

Back