Budget 10-15K Need Android phone suggestions for 10k to 20k

Gryph0n

Adept
I'm looking for an Android phone in the range of 10k to 20k. I want this to last for at-least the next 3 years.

3rd party/Community ROM (CyanogenMod, XDA, etc.) support is important as even Google stops support for Nexus phones after 2 years. Qualcomm seems to be the most OpenSource friendly of all SOC/CPU vendors, so it is most preferred as it makes creating 3rd party ROMs easier.

Primary usages, beside phone functionality, are listening to audio, taking photos (Camera >= 12MP) & videos, and casual gaming.

I would ideally want screen size of 4.8", with resolution between 720p and 1080p, however it appears most of the phones now sport >5".

Storage wise, the phone should have microSD support with >= 32GB onboard. MicroSD can be reluctantly overlooked if onboard >= 64GB. Looking at RAM >= 2GB.

Battery should be able to last a full day and half with moderate usage; I would think that it should be >=3000mAH. Since the phone has to last 3 years, it would help if the battery is replaceable since I've seen that almost all phone batteries give up in 2 years.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. Finally, went for Moto X Play. Had to compromise on a removable battery, but it's large capacity (~3600mAH) should offset this to an extent. The screen is also a bit larger (5.5") that I'd have liked, but it's manageable.

It has a decent stock AOSP experience, and the XDA community has a few CyanogenMod based ROMs. Practically, the community size & ROM choices do not seem very large, but I'm hoping it'll show an uptick in a few months.

On synthetic CPU/GPU benchmarks, due to its Snapdragon 615 chipset, it gets it's ass kicked by phones having Qualcomm Snapdragon 8xx chipsets, but in real life, it's performance is decent enough for me. I prefer to do any serious gaming on my desktop :cool:.

Back