PC Peripherals Need approx prices and advice...

Switch

Skilled
Planning to buy a Cabby, PSU, HSF Combo, HL2 and Some fans

Cabbies: (Need Prices)

Antec P160

Antec 3700B

Antec Performance Series

Cooler Master

PSU(Need prices)

Antec SP 400

Antec TP 430

Antec TP 480

HSF(Need an advice on this one)

Gigabyte GT(Rs 1900)

Asus Starice(Rs 2100)

XP 90(Would cost a bit as i would have to get it shipped)

Games

HalfLife 2 (Whats the minimum price)

And prices of some good LED fans...

These were the prices when I enquired last at Itdepot. Add 10% tax and shipping to these.

Smart Power 400 2750
Smart Power 450 3450
True Power 480 4075
True Power 550 4950
True Power 550 EPS 6950

Slk 3700 - Metalic Black 4250
P + 660 5650
Lanboy 6450
Super Lanboy 4650
P160 7850
Wavemaster 7250

Edit: Avoid steel cabinets if u have the budget. So boils down to P160 or Wavemaster as the lanboy is too cramped.

All are mid towers. The AMG 1080(steel again) was a full tower and the most spacious. Don't think they have it anymore. Out of those two, the P160 is slightly more roomy.

Thanks... Was looking at the AMG initially cause i really likes the looks of it... Will go tomorrow and check it out in person... What abt the rest..

have to learn how to type without typos

The rest(other than wavemaster and p160) suck :p. Also wait for the cooler. The gigabyte GPower shud come to india soon. Its as good as an xp90 and probably cheaper.

Switch said:
And may i also ask which one is the most spacious amongst the all...

Attached a picture of the insides of my P160 - the fan between the HDDs and the MoBo is a Mod done by me - this fan is not supposed to be there. Without this additional fan you can see that the MoBo us completely accessable end to end. The MoBo in this case is on a removable Tray.

I really like the 90 degree turned hard drive cage. Makes the insides feel so roomy compared to the normal setup. Also there is no cable mess cos of it. The insides of my case feel so full of IDE cables :p.

does the cage turned sideways block air intake ? or are there enough airholes in the side

bottle said:
does the cage turned sideways block air intake ? or are there enough airholes in the side

In the picture I attached you can see between the drives there are cut in the metal which is about the length of a HDD - there is one between each drive slot and a large one on the bottom of the cage. Each cutout is about 1 inch high except the bottom one which I think is about 2 inches high. Even all this is not really enough to let the air from the intake fan flow thru the drive cage that is why I have the extra 120mm PABST fan which can be seen in the picture - this extra fan helps a lot in cooling the insides of the case.

What I like best about this system is the ease with which the drives can be attached and removed in the trays. Press the 2 clips and the drive is out. This I think is quite a common feature in the newer cases even of other manufacturers.

The P160 has only one thumb screw locking the removable MoBo tray which also has a nice big handle - you can see a bit of this handle under the PATA data cable at the MoBo end.

Back