Audio Need Audio solution @13k

greenhorn said:
I'm talking about this so called PMP burn in that you speak of

To each his own. I have dried up Gold plated silver mini-to-mini cables costing $225 under the sun for 222 hours (be careful, should not be more, though it can be 2-3 hrs less) and have noticed changes - it goes from overly peaky treble to smooth, non-fatiguing treble. Bass extends to around 18Hz and treble extension goes all the way to 22.2 Khz (see the pattern?). Yes! My dog verified the high frequency extension and I found a ferret which verified the low frequency extension. Don't close minded. Open your mind to player burn-in. I am sure it exists.

PS: PM me your address. Whatever I am on is really working. I can finally hear 21.1 Khz from the "Concert for Dogs"

I don't believe in burn-in for pmp's and iems.

Sound changes more 'in the brain' than 'in the ear' over time when you talk about 'burn in' over hours to your PMP or IEM.

I'm sure the SM3 din't change after the burn-in, neither did the bass lacking CK10, after listening to them for a few days I felt the CK10 had tight bass(another way of saying they din't have enuf sub-bass), even though lesser than my other gear, but thats quite enough bass there in the ck10 to make a Re0 or AKG k701/2 owner appreciate it and stand up and say, Holy SoundStage!!!.

So the only thing that changed after 100+ hrs of listening is only my opinion. I said, 'let the player burn-in' in an earlier post thinking wiser of the reader to interpret that 'let the sound sink in'. The process of letting the ear adjust to the change in the frequencies produced over-time(as compared to the previous PMP). The more you try different things(genres, pmps, iems,other items in the chain) the more you will like/dislike what your hearing and want to change things. I hope I made some sense concisely.

^^ Woah, dude when did you get so serious ? :?

@Mephistopheles - Hey what happened to the RE262 ? Was that a one time issue or is one side completely gone ?

<Coming out of the dark>

ITs impossible to contact fang ( said this cause of my frustration after failing to contact him )

though i have sent you the details.

Mephistopheles said:
No sound from the left earpiece of my RE262 :( :mad:
WTH !!! RE262 dead ??

When did this happen ?? I just now checked the thread .
Now what needs to be done ?? Obviously RMA time , but will take real long . It came with the HM-602 bundle . and Fang is pretty busy these days , Hardly replies to e-mail . Drop a mail to Head-Direct CC too . Take some contact addresses from amarbir . He knows whom to contact there for a quicker response .

Well , This was a sad news .

BF1983 said:
You mean April ! :)

Yeah, made the correction :ashamed:

BF1983 said:
BTW is this the new version with the balanced plug ?

Yeah, even the cable has been redone. Feels a bit plasticky but not as plasticky as TF10 :p. Will the balanced plug have any difference?

Also, the huge soundstage is gone. I really hope after certain amount of usage there is an improvement.

EDIT: Just realized how the balanced plug could effect me, I probably need an adapter to use it now. Sound only from one earpiece via Fuze but it's okay via my PC. Suggest me one please.

did they not ship it with a adapter ?? :O

what the use of giving balanced plugs without adapters ...NO PORTABLE DEVICE ON PLANET EARTH ( as far as i know ) uses balanced TRRS jack .

they should have shiped with adapter to convert in single ended. :( (at least )

Yeah, I'll ask head-direct for the same. I hope they oblige.

strategy said:
what the use of giving balanced plugs without adapters ...NO PORTABLE DEVICE ON PLANET EARTH ( as far as i know ) uses balanced TRRS jack .

True, I do not understand why would they do such a thing. it may be more economically viable for them I guess but how?

Back