Need Audio Tool suggestions...

AceMcCloud

Disciple
Hey,

Can someone suggest a windows based audio editing tool which will give me an option to mute out the unwanted sounds from a mp3 file.

By Unwanted I mean, suppose I have a audio piece with drum, guitar and vocals. Now I want to mute out the Guitar, can this be achieved ?
Apart from above main requirement, it would best suit my needs if it has an easy to understand GUI interface, supports popular audio formats (mp3/wav..etc) and is FREE.

No, you can't do it unless you have the original multitrack files. It may be possible to use a spectrum editing tool to remove clicks and pops, but it won't do what you're thinking of, at least not from a single downmix.

yea, as cranky said . . .u cant totally remove a particular beats from a song . . .

all u can do is kill da effect of letz say guitar in ur circumstance. but u cant remove da entire effect of guitar.

I use audacity too but as cranky said, you can't remove specific instruments unless you have each track separate. You can use a nice set of built-in filters to suppress frequencies but you will not be able to use that to mute out the guitar alone. In the kind of mix you specified, it would be possible to mute bass drum and bass guitar to an extent but again not snares or cymbals.

Back