need best config for 35k desktop

tgpraveen

Disciple
hey guys have budget of like 30-35k desktop
i am a huge movie buff and net surfing type user. so will go for a 24" full hd monitor so please recommend a good monitor for that.
after that i guess some 23k or so would be left.
please suggest me best config for that price.
a dedicated graphics card would be preferable.

also suggest from some future proofing point of view as this computer will be in use for quite some years.

Monitor - 24" Dell ST Series ST2410 (13k)
CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition (5k)
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H (4.2k)
GPU - ATI HD 4670 (4.4k) or nVidia GT220 (3.7k)
Cabinet with PSU - Cooler Master Elite 310 (1.3k)
RAM - 2GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz (2.5k)
HDD - 500GB Seagate (1.8k)
DVD Writer - Asus (1.1k)
Speakers - Creative Inspire 5.1 5300 (2.8k)
Input device - Logitech Wireless Desktop MK250 Mouse + keyboard (1k)

This is coming around 36.5k. You can make some adjustments regarding speakers, keyboard etc

save 6k get a 22" lcd ! :)

lcd benq g2220hd @ 7.3k

cpu + mobo = x6 1055t + 880gma @ 16000

creative m4500 speakers @ 2000

odd : sony @1k

cabinet + psu coolermaster elite 310 + 460w gigabyte @ 3.5k

gpu : 9600gt @ 4k

mouse + keyboard usb @ 700

2gb ram @ 2.5k

500gb hdd @ 2k

total about 38-39k

much more future proof as it has 6 cores :) :)

and mobo has usb 3.0 with sb850 :) :)

:)

buddingwhizkid said:
save 6k get a 22" lcd ! :)

lcd benq g2220hd @ 7.3k

cpu + mobo = x6 1055t + 880gma @ 16000

creative m4500 speakers @ 2000

odd : sony @1k

cabinet + psu coolermaster elite 310 + 460w gigabyte @ 3.5k

gpu : 9600gt @ 4k

mouse + keyboard usb @ 700

2gb ram @ 2.5k

500gb hdd @ 2k

total about 38-39k

much more future proof as it has 6 cores :) :)

and mobo has usb 3.0 with sb850 :) :)

:)

35k PC with 6 cores CPU for general purpose movie use and surfing :| Pretty stupid suggestion. Then why didnt u go for the future proof stuff for ur gaming rig?

DarkAngel said:
35k PC with 6 cores CPU for general purpose movie use and surfing :| Pretty stupid suggestion. Then why didnt u go for the future proof stuff for ur gaming rig?
because i dint have the budget dude !

well the more he can get in that amount is better for him !

what would be the best pc for him according to you ?

buddingwhizkid said:
because i dint have the budget dude !

well the more he can get in that amount is better for him !

what would be the best pc for him according to you ?

Aercy's suggestion is much better. He can also opt to go for the AthlonII X3 435 instead. If he wants intel then the i-3 530 combo for ~10-11k. A X6 1055T for a general purpose rig. Thats insane i would say.

Also 9600GT is not that power efficient at all. OP can opt for HD4670/HD5670/GT240 instead according to brand preference

P.S: Your gaming rig suggestion for 40k in the other thread is pretty good. :) Why why did u paste the same stuff in the both the threads he started.:p Replying him once would suffice i guess

DarkAngel said:
Aercy's suggestion is much better. He can also opt to go for the AthlonII X3 435 instead. If he wants intel then the i-3 530 combo for ~10-11k. A X6 1055T for a general purpose rig. Thats insane i would say.

Also 9600GT is not that power efficient at all. OP can opt for HD4670/HD5670/GT240 instead according to brand preference

P.S: Your gaming rig suggestion for 40k in the other thread is pretty good. :) Why why did u paste the same stuff in the both the threads he started.:p Replying him once would suffice i guess
haha ! i thought those were 2 different ppl ! and ppl tend to check their thread only ! no one searches for stuff , just starting a new thread is easy for them ! so i pasted the same thing in both the threads !

just because he watches movies so i thot encoding is what he would do ! so 6 cores will be helful for him you see ! but yea he can go for athlon X3 or X4 and save some money !

he does not need a gpu for gaming purpose so spending 6k is not recommended !

buddingwhizkid said:
haha ! i thought those were 2 different ppl ! and ppl tend to check their thread only ! no one searches for stuff , just starting a new thread is easy for them ! so i pasted the same thing in both the threads !

just because he watches movies so i thot encoding is what he would do ! so 6 cores will be helful for him you see ! but yea he can go for athlon X3 or X4 and save some money !

he does not need a gpu for gaming purpose so spending 6k is not recommended !
HD4670 costs 3.9k and the GT240 and HD5670 costs 5-5.3k. They dont cost 6k :)

DarkAngel said:
HD4670 costs 3.9k and the GT240 and HD5670 costs 5-5.3k. They dont cost 6k :)
AFAIK 1 GB 5670 costs around 6.3-6.4 K & 512 MB cost around 5K.

I believe you were quoting about later case. If no, pls share the source, one of my friend is thinking of buying 5670 1gb/512mb. He may go for 1 gb version if available around 5K.

ohk ! thats the thing then ! well if the resolution he plays at is 1440x900 or lesser then he should go for 512mb !

and 5k is a sweet price for a 5670 ! but make sure that the card is of some good company not biostar or nething new ! :)

buddingwhizkid said:
ohk ! thats the thing then ! well if the resolution he plays at is 1440x900 or lesser then he should go for 512mb !

and 5k is a sweet price for a 5670 ! but make sure that the card is of some good company not biostar or nething new ! :)

vivacious_tg said:
AFAIK 1 GB 5670 costs around 6.3-6.4 K & 512 MB cost around 5K.

I believe you were quoting about later case. If no, pls share the source, one of my friend is thinking of buying 5670 1gb/512mb. He may go for 1 gb version if available around 5K.

Read the post above yours. Its the 512MB Sapphire. Whatever the resolution there is hardly ~2% difference btw the 512MB and 1GB version of Sapphire.

Since the emphasis was on Movies & surfing, I would suggest not to compromise on monitor. Dell ST Series ST2410 is an full HD monitor which will be satisfying (even though 1080p is worthy when the screen size is more than 32" but still it's a significant for HTPC). Going for a better CPU is pointless as X255BE can be unlocked to X4 & if not then it will still process HD Movies very well; the GPU I suggested will play it part too. Now if the emphasis is shifted to Gming then the cost will go up too as a good Movies & Gaming system may cost a minimum 40-42k. I myself am building a Gaming PC which will cost me around 39k.

buddingwhizkid said:
yea whatever !

If u happen to give a bad suggestion accept it and move on. Dont show ur sarcasm here. :| Tech forum is for ppl to learn. Not everyone knows everything.

If u dont have a valid suggestions for something or lack of knowledge about the stuff then dont post some rubbish just for the sake of it

DarkAngel said:
If u happen to give a bad suggestion accept it and move on. Dont show ur sarcasm here. :| Tech forum is for ppl to learn. Not everyone knows everything.

If u dont have a valid suggestions for something or lack of knowledge about the stuff then dont post some rubbish just for the sake of it
well the suggestion was quite good according to me thats y i gave it ! what im trying to say is if you dont like it you can just point it out and move on you dont have to pick on some one and show off your knowledge ! as you are not the best at it ! there are ppl with much more knowledge and much more humble !

buddingwhizkid said:
well the suggestion was quite good according to me thats y i gave it ! what im trying to say is if you dont like it you can just point it out and move on you dont have to pick on some one and show off your knowledge ! as you are not the best at it ! there are ppl with much more knowledge and much more humble !

Well aercy was trying to explain why he felt the 24" is better and why OP doesn't need a six core monster. When you aint wanna listen to his valid reasons why post a sarcastic comment :|

I too did the same on why the OP doesn't need the particular config u suggested. Well i never claimed i am the best. I just know where to search for the prices and which h/w is better suited for which needs in most cases. If i know i dont have a valid suggestion then i dont post on that thread. There are much more knowledgeable ppl in the forum.

what irks me is the meaningless posts u have posted in many threads where the comments add no real value to the discussion going on. I dont want to pounce on u to show that i have knowledge. There are much better constructive ways to do so.

Well i didnt know many things when i joined the forums. I was just an avg. Joe in terms of H/W knowledge but the forum has taught me a lot and i know that i am much better now. Reason for that is, i was willing to listen and accept mistakes. One can never grow up if he aint ready to accept mistakes.

well spending almost 5k more just 2" doesnt seem quite right to me ! that 5k could be spent on cpu ! that is what i was trying to say ! you could have just said no need to spend on cpu , other things have some more priority !

well if the more knowledgeable people boast then the ones knowing less would never be able to learn ! i know and acept the fact that you know more than me ! but by being rude you are not helping me or anyone in any way ! you can see your comments on my posts so that you understand what i am trying to say !

Back