Need choices for dual core Androids

I'm looking for the next range of Androids which will have Dual Core processors.. I know that the Motorola ATRIX 4G is out already but it's currently locked to AT&T and will not be available unlocked for a few more months. I am also looking at the Samsung Galaxy S2 and think that might be a good buy.

My Budget is 20-30K and would like something which has 8gb+ internal memory with a microSD slot (seems basic but the Google Nexus S doesn't have a slot :(), 5+ MP cam which shoots decent videos (720p video seems standard these days so that will do :)) and a battery which will last me 24 hours on a single full charge in normal use (30 mins calls with some email sync going on in the background).

I am not sure when the main streamline dual core phones will be available and hence this post. Any help to narrow down my choices would be great.

I have friends coming from US to India in May and July so I can get these phones by then. Keeping these timelines in mind, does anyone have any suggestions

I would suggest the HTC desire HD for your requirement. (1.5Gb internal + SD Slot, 8mp cam, battery lasts a day with moderate usage) 25k~

The dual cores when they launch would probably be 30k+ and would be useful for gpu intensive games atm

Cheers

It is too early to recommend a Dual Core Smartphone as none have been released (except the ATRIX).

In case you plan to wait, the Samsung Galaxy S2 would be worth a look I guess.

LG Optimus 2X can be expected to be priced withing 30k. Samsung Galaxy S II might be priced around 32k or more, Moto Atrix also could cost like that. HTC Desire HD battery life is not that good.

Originally Posted by : Aercy

LG Optimus 2X can be expected to be priced withing 30k. Samsung Galaxy S II might be priced around 32k or more, Moto Atrix also could cost like that. HTC Desire HD battery life is not that good.

I my opinion samsung galaxy S2 would be a better option,
*As i'm using Lg Optimus One,though it has 600mhz processor,& 512mb ram,it hangs a bit with lag.So, i think thats the problem of poor android optimusation,Not becouse of poor specs,so Avoid LG.
*Also, HTC Has poor battery life.So,thats too out of options.
*Samsung Does optimisation very well, it's cells do not lags, And has a decent battery life...And with Dual core its good
So i say go for samsung Galaxy S2

Aakash said:
*As i'm using Lg Optimus One,though it has 600mhz processor,& 512mb ram,it hangs a bit with lag.So, i think thats the problem of poor android optimusation,Not becouse of poor specs,so Avoid LG.
*Samsung Does optimisation very well, it's cells do not lags, And has a decent battery life...And with Dual core its good
Isn't that a bit unfair? You are judging the next generation devices based on what the current generation devices are like.

Its either the Optimus 2X or Galaxy S2 and out of the two, I suggest you wait and see what the prices are like although I highly doubt that either of them will be anything less than 30k.

Aakash said:

Have you used a Samsung mid end android and comparing it apples to apples with the O1?

Aakash said:

I am using LG Optimus One & I found out when & why it lags & since I dealt with some of it, the experience is much much better & I hardly face lags. Turn off GPS, Wifi, BT & GPRS/3G off when you are not using it & stop the Processes which you are not using. Also it hass a 600MHz CPU so things can be a little laggy but still it beats any 600MHz Android Device. Samsung G Ace despite of being 800MHz is at per with LG Optimus One when it comes to overall experience. As for hanging, I have had it only Once for the last 2.5 weeks. I have about 50 apps loaded other than the Pre-loaded ones.

vishalrao said:
With this kind of budget, I would suggest getting the Atrix from the US, which I myself am highly tempted to do! :D
It's locked to AT&T at the moment. The price (for the locked version) is pretty low too considering the specs. For 25k, it's a steal! ;)

There are 2 versions available. One with a monthly commitment and one without. Either way, you're locked to the provider. I'm having my friend ask around if an unlocked version is available.

Also, motoblur looks like a question mark. I've heard HTC's touch sense is good but the desire HD's battery life isn't something to call home about.. so I'd rather wait for the next great phone by them and for those who don't believe in the HTC mind you, the HTC Desire was a great phone.

Next up is the Galaxy S2 which looks like a beefed up version of the classic Galaxy S which like the HTC Desire set the world ablaze last year. Only problem is that we don't know when it will come out in the US, let alone India :(

The Google Nexus S hasn't released in India either. It's a good phone but for 2 flaws. a) No expandable memory b) (not really a big issue but I would have liked it to have this..) no dual core processing

The only reason I want the dual core proc is the superior processing. Since we are at the threshold right now (procs are almost out).. I feel it would be silly to not get one of those cause I'm not a guy who regularly changes phones. I'll wait another year or two before I even think of a new phone :)

[quote name='aercy']We are talking about phones here since it's the/QUOTE]
And Galaxy Tab is also a phone . So technically it should b under Mobile Phone Buying section.

O1 laggy UI in reviews on youtube so i dint get ,i got the micromax A60,i dont know whats the difference in resistive and whatever the other one is called,but the touch sensitivity is very good,getting back to topic,i think the galaxy s2 is worth it,it looks much better than the astrix and looks like it has better build quality(assumption).

Just because Galaxy tab has phone features doesn't mean you call it a Phone. Next time if they come out with a Refrigerator with Phone features are you gonna call it a Phone too? :D

Back