PC Peripherals Need decent keyboard

anaghdesai

Disciple
I'm looking for a decent keyboard. I previously owned a Samsung Pleomax which I got for some 140Rs and it lasted over 3 years of rough use. The keyboard was amazingly quiet and the keys were well spaced. It also had a fancy Lock button which would lock the keyboard. Once it died, I used my previously experienced "Cheap and good" strategy and got a UMAX for some 200Rs which turned out to be the worst keyboard ever. Not only were the keys unusually hard to press, but a few keys stopped working within 15 days of buying it.
Hence I was thinking of going for a decent keyboard. After looking at many options, I narrowed down to TVS e-Gold Mechanical keyboard and the Logitech G100 Gaming combo. I don want the G100 mouse but the keyboard isnt sold seperately. Also, I looked around a lot, only to find G100 Mouse reviews and there were hardly any reviews about the keyboard at all.
I need one for gaming + Typing. I'll need a keyboard that is well spaced where the keys are big enough and not closely spaced, good ergonomic feel overall, and not stressful on the arms. I dont want to cross 2000rs with a keyboard as i feel [but i dont know] thats its too high an investment for a keyboard.
I did look into Microsoft and Logitech but didn't find anything that looked decent. Microsoft goes into Wireless once it touches the 1K mark, and i dont want battery operated keyboard. Logitech has the G100 for 1700 odd and then it jumps straight to 3000+ with the next wired keyboard. I looked into Lenovo and HP but didn't find many good keyboard. The Lenovo keyboard shipped with the E72 Thinkcenter is very good, maybe I shld quietly replace the one in my office. :D

Are there any other suggestions for me?

Expensive and wireless. Dont want that. Within 2000Rs is okay, beyond that is just too much. Plus, I sit on the PC max 2 hours a day. And i dont spend the whole time using the keyboard. Also, not a fan of wireless keyboards. Nice keyboard though, that microsoft.

How is the Logitech G100 Combo? Anybody has it? I'm wondering if the clicks of the TVS will irritate me. I'd prefer a silent keyboard.

then you can buy one of those cheap rubber foldable keyboards, they also come supper cheap for much less than Rs.500/- they are super silent & also waterproof.

I'm not looking for a cheap solution. Infact rubber ones are the types i am avoiding, hence the budget is up to 2000rs. I want a decent keyboard. I'm thinking about the G100 combo. Just cant make up my mind and i need a different perspective.

Back